What's new

Star Trek TOS Blu Ray set insert ep listing (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
These really are great, are they still double-sided? some how i see a trip to Kinko's in my future, so i get these right

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The insert artwork is ready and can now be downloaded.

Many thanks to fellow member Ric Easton for hosting them.

Yes, they are double sided, inside has the airdate order and disc contents. The back cover has the production order for quick access and review.

Each file is about 24 mb, for better image quality. So they take a minute to download.

The First Season www.rixgrafix.com/TOS_S1.zip
The Second Season www.rixgrafix.com/TOS_S2.zip
The Third Season: www.rixgrafix.com/TOS_S3.zip

Pete York

Supporting Actor
Wonderful gesture, Nelson and Ric. I appreciate the time you put into this, Nelson. Thanks.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
No wonder I couldn't find this thread... I was looking for it in the TV section! Great job on the inserts, Nelson. It's my pleasure to host them.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys! I'm glad you like the inserts!

Yeah Ric, I guess this is an older thread and never got migrated over to the TV on blu-ray thread.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Nelson and Ric. I downloaded, printed, an put them in my cases last night. They sure make it a lot easier to find which episode is on which disc.

Doug

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
These are double sided, aren't they? Anyone have any special technique for getting them to print correctly. How heavy a paper are you using so the printing doesn't show thru?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I use an Epson Stylist photo inkjet printer, an older, higher end one for my design work. So I've used Epson paper with great success. Ironically, I have not had a chance to print the inserts yet, aside from test prints. My plan is to use the Epson Double Sided Matte paper. It's slightly heavier weight and should work well. I used it to print the earlier tests on both sides with no bleed through.

A box of that paper is $14.00, so not sure it's worth it to you. I bet Staples has paper that does the same thing for less money. And your brand of printer might have their own paper, like Canon.

One of the guys above mentioned using Kinkos. That sounds like a good option.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Nelson,

Thanks again for making these inserts - they look fantastic!

Originally Posted by Nelson Au I'm going to have to try again somewhere else - I don't trust my printer to do a nice enough job, and I'll want it on nice glossy heavier stock paper.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Jason,

Thanks for that feedback. A friend was expressing concerns doing this artwork as iffy if Paramount or CBS might have issues with copyrights. But he had not seen what I did. I put the Paramount and CBS logo on there so it shows I've placed notation that the Star Trek copyright is theirs.

But now that I think about the Kinko's reaction, I guess the concern is that it could appear to be a bootleg or something like that. Like a fake Paramount thing. It's not their work, it's my work. Perhaps I remove the Paramount, CBS and blu-ray logos and add a disclaimer that Star Trek is a registered trademark of Paramount, so the copyright issue is covered.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

I use an Epson Stylist photo inkjet printer, an older, higher end one for my design work. So I've used Epson paper with great success. Ironically, I have not had a chance to print the inserts yet, aside from test prints. My plan is to use the Epson Double Sided Matte paper. It's slightly heavier weight and should work well. I used it to print the earlier tests on both sides with no bleed through.

A box of that paper is $14.00, so not sure it's worth it to you. I bet Staples has paper that does the same thing for less money. And your brand of printer might have their own paper, like Canon.

One of the guys above mentioned using Kinkos. That sounds like a good option.
My chief concern is getting the print on both sides aligned correctly. Did you have any problems with that?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Johnny,

The two sided aspect of this project is tricky. If I had it to do over, I'd have tried to find a way to do it on one side so you could fold it. And would fit on 8 1/2 x 11 too.

When I did the artwork, both sides are identically located. When I did a test print of one side, I flipped the paper over and made sure it was tight up against the right side on my printer feed tray. It was still off a little in alignment. I plan to do some printing this weekend, so hopefully I can find that it works okay.

You could also print each side on 2 separate sheets and trim and work with it that way. not ideal.

GregK

Screenwriter
These are looking great, Nelson. In this case, an essential insert, for sure.

Thanks again!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
when i mentioned Kinko's, of course its the use yourself computer with a flash drive, so some trial and error is their as well, but it also depends on who is working the counter, and sometime you have to explain that its a custom case, have had a few done that way, the print job looks great that way. my printer is an old model and not great for customs or pictures, maybe one day

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Maybe one solution to the printing both sides dilemma is to use a card-making program, like Hallmark or Create-A-Card (American Greetings). You could place the image of one side on Side A of the card, and the other on Side B. The programs align the sides.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I only printed the episode list side. That's the only part I was interested in (not to denigrate your fine efforts, Nelson!).

Anyway, I used glossy photo paper in our trusty old HP Photosmart 1215, and it looks fine. At least, the text is legible to my 51-year-old eyes.

See how easy I am to please?

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks