1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek TNG "The Best of Both Worlds" Blu Ray

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jose Martinez, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez Well-Known Member

With season three about to be released I kind of find it odd they are also releasing what most fans consider the 2 best episodes (or one depending if you count it as one) of the TNG series. Just curious about the specs though. Amazon lists it as 1.85:1 but the season sets have been 1.33:1. Anyone know what the real specs are? The trailer is 1.33:1 so I'm thinking it'll be the same but it's perhaps the theatrical cut on April 25th would be in 1.85:1? http://www.startrek.com/article/check-out-trailer-for-tng-best-of-both-worlds-blu-ray http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Generation-Worlds-Blu-ray/dp/B00BAXTY8U/ref=wl_mb_recs_4_dp

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Well-Known Member

Joel Henderson
    Should be 1.33:1 pillarboxed. Amazon frequently makes mistakes. Actually this sounds like a pretty cool idea. Best of Both Worlds could have been an incredible movie if they had the budget and seeing a film edit of it would be a great "what if?"

3. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Well-Known Member

4. AndyMcKinney

sorry, my connection was playing-up, so the above post got duplicated. Mods, feel free to delete.

5. AndyMcKinney

sorry, another duplicate.

6. Jason_V

Jason_V Well-Known Member

Jason
    My best guess is this will be the movie version which was released overseas on DVD but not in the States. It's also going to be shown at the April theater event for S3. If it's anything but 1.33, I'll expect the pitchforks to be out for CBS.

7. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Well-Known Member

I don't see any reason this couldn't have been included in one of the season sets, other than a way to grab a little more cash out of the franchise. :rolleyes: If anything, it could have been included in the sets and be available standalone for those not willing to fork out for the sets.