What's new

Star Trek season 2 (remastered) (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Me too. It would make for a good drinking game.

Was the join line more visible in Season One? I'm only up to Wolf In The Fold and the join line has not been as apparent so far in Season Two. I wonder if they modified the design of the appliance or found a better method of blending them in with Nimoy's ears?

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

Since a new set was applied everyday, I am sure that sometimes the seam is less visible then others. It depends on how well Fred was feeling that day or if they were rushed or if he had extra time to do some extra fine blending.

But for what it's worth, I can now pick out the molding seam alongside the side of the ears pretty easily.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lou,

LOL!!!! Me too. I wish I could recall where I saw that. Maybe it's because I've been watching The Fly Collection (a great collection, BTW).
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
My understanding was that a pair of ears would last a couple of days during the original series production.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I received TOS season one SD 2004 DVD-9 set in the mail today. My plan is to rip the TOS-R episodes of MENAGERIE at SD and remix from the 9s to achieve corrected sound on TOS-R, then burn a single DVD-5 with both corrected TOS-R episodes at SD.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Cool David, I'd be curious to hear about how your project turns out and how you did it!

I was worried I gave incorrect information that the 2004 set has the correct audio for the singing plants. I check it again, I would hate to contributed erronious information.

One thing that I was reminded of upon a recent viewing of The Menagerie is how William Shatner chose to react as he materializes at Starbase 11 at the beginning of the episode. Anyone else notice how in the entire run of the Star Trek series and films he's done, he's never since did that little hop after Kirk and McCoy and Spock materializes? At least not during all normal transport sequences. (Of course, later, the optical effects allowed the actors to move during the transport dissolve)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Scott, indeed of the first two security guards that are killed the one does appear to be the same actor that played Garrovick. One can only assume that the other extra was not available that day so 'Garrovick' volunteered! Or maybe it was meant as in joke!

Happy 42nd birthday Star Trek! May the franchise continue to long live and prosper!(not a typo - that's the way the greeting was originally intended to be read)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
That's right--September 8, 1966.

Happy Birthday to all of Trek. :emoji_thumbsup:
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'll watch an episode in honor of this day in 1966.

By the way, I just had a flashback. I remember seeing Plato's Stepchildren in 1969. I think it was first run too as far as I can recall, but my mind could be misremembering it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks