What's new

Star Trek Orig Series Season Box Sets Grrr (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I looked at City on the Edge of Forever very recently and paid close attention to this jitter thing mentioned. I think what you may be seeing is the camera bouncing, it was deliberate because the ship was passing through the ripples in time and it was subtle at times. I can here heavy bass whenever the camera jitters. So I think the video is fine from my point of view. It's only occuring on the bridge. I could compare it to the laserdisc sometime to confirm it.

Nelson

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
^^ I believe you are correct on this. I have both as well and watching the DVD was the same as the LD.

The minor things in the Cage don't bother me and perhaps a couple of other minor faux pax exist as well, but the biggest gripe I have is with The Tholian Web where a badly editted scene left out dialogue that should have been there. If they fix that, I may consider getting at least that season.

I have all 40 discs I bought. I paid from 10 to 15 bucks a disc, which to me was a bargain, considering the price of the LDs. The extras they may have I'm not too exceited about as what haven't I seen in the past 30 years? The extras are not memorable on the TNG sets so I'm expecting a lackluster set of extras for TOS as well (if any).

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I'd have to say that this is false. The information that they were coming was obtained by ads that Paramount took out, and further comfirmed on the insert that comes with Voyager Season 1.

Gord

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
My "city" dvd has this defect. The image stutters vertically every few seconds or so. Has nothing to do with the scene. Very subtle but HIGHLY annoying...

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
I love Star Trek: TOS, but I've always wanted the series in seasons sets. I felt the initial releases of TOS were over priced, so I took a chance and waited. Looks like it will pay off.

Peace,

DM

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Same as Dave. I could never justify the expense of the TOS DVD's. I own one of them, just for my favorite episode. (Mirror, Mirror). And this is coming from a guy who bought all the TNG and DS9 sets.

Count me in for TOS box sets. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks