What's new

Star Trek Mortion Picture Boxset Coming. Any Box Artwork? (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
DVDPlanet have a listing for the Star Trek Boxset coming out on the same day as the SE of The Motion Picture. Does anyone have any artwork for the boxset yet?
Spero D.

Spero D

Second Unit
Just found it-
B00005OAZZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Spero D.
[Edited last by Spero D on October 13, 2001 at 11:21 PM]

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Oh HELL no. I don't think I'll be grabbing THAT box set when Paramount has said they'll be revisiting the rest of the movies over the next few years.
But it might be a long time...
But it's Paramount, so the price will be astronomical. Hmm...
------------------
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns

RickardL

Supporting Actor
Any bets that they will re-release the boxset whenever
they revisit each individual movie?
Unlikely, I hope that would be too much even for Paramount.
------------------
[Edited last by RickardL on October 14, 2001 at 10:26 AM]

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Don't be so hard on Paramount. The timing for this release is obvious. The holidays are coming and it's the perfect gift for the Trek fan new to DVD or those who are new to Trek.
The record companies and other studios always have lots of cool box sets for the holidays. This Star Trek box was not meant for you or me who are HTF nuts. :)
I do look forward to the rework SE's though and I'll make my own box for the boxset.
Nelson
[Edited last by Nelson Au on October 14, 2001 at 12:32 PM]

GregK

Screenwriter
If I didn't own them already, (STMP in the wings of course,)
it would make for a nice boxset. If a Wrath of Khan 2-disc
SE rolls out next year, simply sell off the old ST2 disc,
.. and of course "ST5: Final Frontier"
biggrin.gif

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
But Darren, they wouldn't be able to sell a new boxset then.
wink.gif

-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

Gui A

Supporting Actor
This song went through my head when I saw that shot:
She comes in colors ev'rywhere;
She combs her hair
She's like a rainbow
Coming, colors in the air
Oh, everywhere
She comes in colors
Stones - She's a Rainbow
biggrin.gif

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
If I didn't have ANY of the movies on DVD yet, and wanted some or most of them, then even though they'd be redoing the movies eventually, it would still make sense for me to buy the box set, right?
Yeah, I'll just keep telling myself that. :D
(Seriously, I'm sure if one day I discover I have enough money to blow, I'll buy it.)
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
jjr512-genome-logo1.jpg

Join our Genome@home Team! (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I read on the Digital Bits website that they are going to start releasing dual-disc SEs of all the movies, starting with TWoK, in 2002. Now the fact that TMP is already pretty much a SE, I'm sure it's dual-disc and all (looks like it in the picture above), plus the fact they're starting with TWoK, indicates to me they consider TMP not only to be the last of doing the movies from finish to first, but also the first of doing the new SEs from start to last. In other words, if I want to wait for the SEs, it should still be safe to buy TMP when it comes out later this year, correct? I mean TMP will be it, it won't be redone, I think, right?
Please forgive me if my logic isn't clear as I've been up for a very very long time.
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
swouttakes.jpg

Join the JJR512.com Genome@home Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
JustinR, I actually followed that logic and tend to agree with it.
Yes, TMP will be the 1st of the SE's. No, it probably won't be re-done for a longish time (you never can tell, y'know).
Yes, TWoK will be the 2nd of the SE's. Yep, the rumor is that Paramount will now move "foward" through the movie series, re-releasing each of them on DVD in SE's.
If ST10:N gets made (I think it's pretty much a go at this point, although if you followed the pre-production saga there was doubt for a long time), then Paramount will be faced with a dilemma come DVD-time:
Since they'll be busy doing SE's for all the others, when it comes time to put ST10:N out on DVD, will they do an SE right off or will they milk us with the standard edition first?
I don't think they'll even think twice about milking us 1st and doing the SE later. Sorry, Martin, if you're reading this. It *IS* the way Paramount tends to handle things (reference: see thread in Studio Feedback area about Paramount's DVD prices).
But, I guess it works. I do own all 9 ST films on DVD right now. I will in all likelihood re-buy them in the SE's. Even ST5:TFF, probably. Sigh. I'm a Trekkie.
In fact, there's Paramount's next contest/promotion! After they roll out the SE re-releases and then put out an SE box set, anyone who can prove that they bought BOTH box sets ought to get A) a cameo/extra-type role in an episode of Enterprise, and B) a free copy of the DVD Trekkies.
biggrin.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
[Edited last by David Lambert on October 21, 2001 at 05:45 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks