What's new

Star Trek films on Blu-Ray... what we know so far (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Don't know about that. I think Trekkie has made a comeback and doesn't have the "nerd" connotation it once did.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I always thought the objection to "trekkie" was that it sounded too much like "groupie," which is too submissive for most fans.

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Son of a...I spend an hour driving from one Target to another trying to find that blasted thing! I don't have the first on Blu though, so maybe if I sell my STID Target and the UV code for STID with this, I can more or less recoup.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
If the remastered directors edition blu ray of TMP came out at the same time as the Return To Tomorrow book, that would be great!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Neil,Good to hear from you! Yeah, I know the remastered DC of TMP is not likely to be released anytime soon. But I can dream and hope.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Nelson Au said:
Hey Neil,

Good to hear from you! Yeah, I know the remastered DC of TMP is not likely to be released anytime soon. But I can dream and hope.
Agreed. I'm still hoping to hear something about TMP DC in 2016, along with the other classic Trek films with new masters for blu ray.

There is also a ton of vintage features that they could add as extras with the next release of the films.

Glad there were a few others interested in the Motion Picture book. It sounds very, very interesting I agree!

RTTcoverCrop-375x480.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
118 pages is alot to go through and so I will just ask those who have the Star Trek series of movies on Blu-ray disc. How is the transfer on all the movies and how is the sound? Does anyone think they need a better transfer? Or are the current blu-ray releases more than good enough to warrant going out and buying them all? Or would anyone wait to see if the 4K versions come out anytime soon?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Dave Moritz said:
118 pages is alot to go through and so I will just ask those who have the Star Trek series of movies on Blu-ray disc. How is the transfer on all the movies and how is the sound? Does anyone think they need a better transfer? Or are the current blu-ray releases more than good enough to warrant going out and buying them all? Or would anyone wait to see if the 4K versions come out anytime soon?
In my opinion, except for the first two movies, the transfers are very disappointing. They have a very processed look to them with edge enhancement, boosted contrast, and heavy DNR - and look very poor on a front projection set-up. Unfortunately, I do not expect penny pinching Paramount to do new transfers anytime soon at all.

Wrath of Khan actually comes from a 4K scan and looks outstanding - very film-like. Some claim blue is being pushed too much on it, but on my pro calibrated JVC FP, the color looks fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks