What's new

Star Trek Feature Films Alternate Cover Art (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I like the version with 3 ships. My only criticism would be that the "D" appears mostly on the TOS covers. I also liked the suggestion of a small silhouette of the appropriate starship above or below the movie titles.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, folks!

As much as I like the Ent-D, I think I will be going with the 2 ship version. I also didn't like the fact that the middle ship would encroach too deeply in the original crew's territory.

For those interested though, Jupiter Prime has completed his single width versions and they will be available for a limited time. You can download 1-6 here and 7-10 here. Of course you have to be a member of DVDCA to download and they will cost several credits. He is still previewing my old spines do you can't see the three ships unless you go to this thread

I may eventually upload a single width version after his go buh-bye.

As for mine... I also decided to make a slight color change to the middle of the pic. I'm getting rid of that bright pink color and going with more of a purple, I think it works a little better...

I think silhouettes of the featured ships might clutter it up too much and also be too small to really be useful, but I may still play around with the idea... when I come out with the Super Special Ultimate Archival Edition.

I'm starting to feel like George Lucas invading the Trek universe with my constant tweaking.

Ric

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Ric,

Awesome covers as usual!

One thought/suggestion:

I too prefer the 2-ship design. But, why not use the Enterprse-D to represent the TNG crew. The classic Enterprise is representing the original crew (even though they later used the Enterprise-A in the films), so why not use the Enterprise-D to represent TNG crew? That is definitely the ship I associate with that crew, just as the original Enterprise is what I associate with the original crew. Just a thought.

Either way, they look great, and I will be using them myself shortly. :)

Jeff>K>B

Stunt Coordinator
I too prefer the two-ship version, so I'm happy that Ric has already made that decision. As far as the color change, I'm with you on that too, although I doubt I'll change my (your!) covers, as they look great already.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Zack,

I agree that the Enterprise-D is much more associated with the TNG crew, but that is mostly from the series and was only featured in one movie. Truthfully, I'm quite fond of the Enterprise-D, I just don't see how it would fit in better with the movies.

I'll let you folks know when the updates are available.

Ric

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I was always a big fan of the Enterprise-E (did anyone catch the Enterprise-J on ST:Enterprise last week?) so I'm all for the current 2-ship spines.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
In last weeks episode, Archer was briefly transported some 400 years into the future and was standing on the Enterprise-J. We didn't see the outside of the ship, but there was a schematic of some kind on the wall.

Ric

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the reply, Ric. I definitely understand that point of view. Either way, those covers are awesome. Will be downloading them tonight!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I hope you waited a few minutes, Zack! I just updated the the site and they are now available for download.

Mike, The MAtrix cover is not on the site yet, but you can download it right here!

Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks