What's new

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE 5/26/'04 "Zero Hour" (1 Viewer)

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
Did one the worst finale in sci fi just get saved by the last scene?

I can honestly say, as much as I expected the events upto the last 2 minutes I'm interested.

I really like ST and Enterprise but this was too generic until the last scene...

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Bravo! Great finale. Great season. That was a very cool way of avoiding the dreaded reset button, IMHO.

Peace,

DM

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
A bit of a letdown from the fevered pitch of last week's "Countdown." There were some decent moments, but the first 50 minutes were pretty typical of the generic Berman-Braga pap they made notorious on Voyager. What happened to Shran? He just disappeared!

I have to agree about the ending though. Talk about a WTF moment.

De

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
I thought the whole Xindi arc was anti-climatic at the end, although Archer blowing the dude up was great.

As I mentioned in another thread STNG really turned around after a bloods and guts display...

Now the pressure is really on, they backed themselves into a helluva corner with this new approach, although the whole thing doesn't have a very original feel to me.

The guy at the end reminded me of bad guys from Sliders, the mouse scene from V, bit of Final Countdown, and something tugged at me with T'pol in the doctors office at the end reminding me of another movie/show.

Hopefully they'll go someplace good with this next year. Anyone know when it is scheduled to start?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
***Spoilers for those who are reading this for some reason if they havent watched yet****

Actually he looked Reman (as in from ST:Insurrection).

I thought it was a good ending to the season, however i think there is still a lot to be told. Im sure the Xindi will turn up again, as will shran, and we will find out what happened to change Earth

capt

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the finale. The ending came from left field. I liked the bomb on the reptilian. My only complaint is that if Daniels was so concerned about saving Archer. Why didn't he just instantaneously pull him out of the exploding sphere? Although, maybe he did and that's why he is in the 1940's.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

That ending was either straight out of the 1960s TOS or straight out of the 1990s Buffy. Or straight out of Robert Heinlein (Time Enough for Love)? We'll see.

For my new year's resolution, I am engaging the ignore feature for all the reasons nobly stated by others, and to encourage less bickering. Unfortunately it doesn't seem wise to put the admins on ignore, so, I'll just have to be patient with those who don't enjoy the show.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking. Could that Nazi alien be the future guy who always talks to the Suliban??

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Action-packed, certainly, but the Berman/Braga standard.

And, yes, the old timeline gimmick at the end:

Did B&B know yet whether the show would be cancelled when the script for this episode was finished?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I liked this episode. You knew that..

Archer Survived somehow

But how is still a mystery, and what happend afterword is pretty darned confusing...

Like others, I skipped most of season 2, and the begining of season 3. Somewhere along the way, I got caught up in it again and stuck with it to the end...

Lets see what Season 4 can bring, but I'll still say it. Why won't Paramount bring in NEW blood?
Maby a Save Enterprise call in, can start a 'get rid of B/B and writing staff' Calling Pettition going and get some results..

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

I highly doubt it. UPN just made their announcement last week. They were surely taking a chance ending it that way.

Ric

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Great episode.. until the final 2 minutes. What a disaster that was. Goofy, contrived.. if they would have ended it without that, would have been much improved.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
OMG... what an ending.

Everything about the last twenty minutes was heart pumping.

Spoiler

When can we talk about what happened without putting the spoiler thing there?

Awesome episode, 10/10

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks