What's new

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE 4/28/'04 "The Forgotten" (1 Viewer)

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
I absolutely cannot understand why people are not enjoying this season of star trek. the whole continuing story for this season is just great and on the whole i think it's proven to be quite a success. it's very enjoyable to watch IMO.

BobV

Second Unit
I agree 100% Brian, I have really enjoyed this season and it is being fleshed out in great manner... such as tonight's episode, excellent television...

...but around here, you are looked down upon as one of lesser intellect if you like Enterprise. One who is brushed aside as unable to understand what a 'good' series really is, so we best not speak of it.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Will_B wrote (post #20):

This episode rates a simple 1-H from me.

I kinda didn't buy the Tripp revelations, and the failed attempts to write a condolence letter to the woman's family. It seems to me it should've "worked", but it didn't for me. Nor did the whole T'Pol "I feel your pain"-thing. The whole thing smacks of archness.

And what does Degra mean when he says to Archer, "You're asking me to fire on Xindi, my own people!"? This leads me again to question the relationship(s) between the various species called "Xindi
".

And next week . . . . . [ugh]!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The Forgotten when viewed along with Azati Prime and Damage make a nice trilogy where we see the arcs of Archer, T’Pol and Tripp move along.

The Forgotten was a nicely played out show where we see Archer previously go from a single minded mission to get to the Xindi Weapon before it is launched to working out a small alliance with the weapon’s creator, Degra. Degra has been portrayed as a sympathetic character with a conscience about what he has done as shown in past shows. He’s ambivelant about the weapon and how it will kill all the innocents. Archer makes some good ground up as he has seemingly made a friend with one of the high ranking enemy.

The situation of T’Pol’s addiction to the affects of the Trellium exposure is nicely played out with her scenes with the Doctor and Tripp. One of the best sequences is after we learn that the Doctor finds T’Pol is Trellium free that she’ll have to adapt to her inability to control her emotions. It is well played and the Doctor has an opportunity to shine as he treats her and later throws some weight around and order’s Tripp to get some sleep.

Tripp’s story finally sees him react to his sister’s loss as Archer asks him to write a letter to the parents of Tripp’s colleague who died after the attack at Azati Prime. The young woman who dies brings Tripp’s long recessed emotions for his sister’s lose to the surface and he finally breaks down at T’Pol’s side. T’Pol who is confronting her emotions and can now relate and she can feel for him. This was a nicely acted scene by both actors.

This was good stuff for me. And the earlier scenes were Tripp lashes out at Degra as he is struggling to admit he’s hurting for the lose of his sister nicely set up the break down scene. The business with Malcolm out on the ship’s hull was fun eye candy, but the character stuff made this and Damage good shows.

I think that too many missed the main focus of Archer’s damaged character arc last week due to the other plots of that show. Damage would have been a stonger show had it just focused on Archer doing what he had to do to get the ship in order to meet Degra.

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Face it, you can't please everybody. I remember a TV Guide issue a while back where in one part, the writer stated they were sick of what was thought to be mindless character conversations.

A few pages later, they wanted more interaction between the characters! Go figure.

De wife and I both enjoy Enterprise and watch it every week. I just wish they would fire Berman and get some real fresh blood in there. Beyond the Xindi, it needs more of a shake up and some focus. Just MHO.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
So, you like it but want the people who make it canned? That makes no sense whatsoever. If the show's so frippin' good, why would you want the guy responsible for making it the way it is out on his ass?

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Decent episode. :emoji_thumbsup: The writing was much better this week. And for once, the acting was top-rate too. I even thought Blalock did well (shock! I may have to stop referring to her character as Vulcan Barbie!).

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
No one's dismissing anybody here regarding where he or she stands on this series. One may state why he liked an episode and offer the reasons why. Another may disagree, while offering her reasons why.

The most abject criticism you see of this show comes from people who know -- and love -- their Star Trek.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Grew up with Trek, loved it, bought all the memorabilia and would defend the show when ever it was dismissed as strictly for nerds but Trek these days is paint by numbers and average. I hate what Trek has become and thats why I offer my opinions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Bill Hunt has a glowing piece up right now about Enterprise. It'll probably turn some of this thread's partipants' hair white when he says "Enterprise" in the same breath as "Deadwood" when he talks about current great TV. :D

I'm with him in hoping Enterprise is back next season.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
A good show, but more like comparing it to other dramas on TV today. There's nothing special about this show or the series for that matter, just another show. It doesn't compare to best "Trek" of the past.

If this series is guaranteed seven seasons like the previous three, then my theory is they saved most of the best stories for seasons 5-6 and maybe 7 if the "story arc" is good.
I think it will go seven seasons, it just may not include Berman and Braga in the end.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im really enjoying Enterprise this season, I like the entire story arc. There are people that bash every single trek show since TOS, so your never gonna make everyone happy

capt

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I'm not QUITE as happy with this season as Bill is. ;) But on the whole, I *have* been enjoying season 3. I'm hoping the show doesn't get cancelled.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Bad news:

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE can't seem to catch a break these days. Last night's first-run presentation of "The Forgotten" was just that on UPN, according to the Fast National ratings numbers published this morning by Zap2it.

"Forgotten" earned a 2.1/4 in the figures, inching one-tenth of a point lower than last week's "Damage" (2.2/4). This means roughly 2.1% of America's television households were watching last night, 4% of those watching television at the time. ENTERPRISE was again sixth behind WB's SMALLVILLE (2.8/5). Fast Nationals closely anticipate final ratings figures.

In the overnight figures things weren't much better, according to Mediaweek. Marc Berman's Programming Insider indicates that SMALLVILLE bested ENTERPRISE by 33% in the overall overnight figures, and 38% in the Adults 18-49 demographic. Overnight ratings only include the top markets in the country.

UPN averaged a dismal 1.9/3 behind WB's 2.7/4 for the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks