What's new

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Alternate Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
without having actually seen it. I would guess that it is just a high quality paper. Probably somewhat heavy and fairly bright white. I imagine it would be fine.

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Adam, I wouldn't know unless I gave it a try first. I generally prefer glossy photo paper. That's why I've been saying that I take Epson 13x19 Glossy Photo paper, cut it into two sheets of 8.5x13" Someday, I may try that Epson photo paper that you linked to and then make up my mind from there.

I also found some legal glossy photo paper on Ebay, it was pretty good, but that person is no longer offering it and says he doesn't plan to in the near future.

BTW, Kinkos had cutting boards that you use yourself (its where I cut my 13x19 paper), they're fairly easy to use.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Me again...

Here's a link to the paper I use. You can get it at CompUSA. Yes, its expensive at 35 bucks for 20 sheets, but remember, when you cut them in half, you'll end up with 40 sheets.

Ric

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Ric,

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I went to Kinko's this evening to see about cutting and ended up just having the print my covers for me on 11 by 17 paper. Having then do all the covers for season 1 through 7 and 4 of the inserts. (The others I printed myself.)

Total cost is only going to be about $20 so it was definately better in my case to go this route. Paper, ink, and so on would of costed me alot more. I'm glad Kinko's has that slide cutter you can use for free. I trimmed the inserts I've already printed and they look great. Looking forward to getting my prints back tomorrow. With luck I'll have the cases here soon in the mail and I can't wait to see the results.

You did a great job on them. I honestly never thought I would use someone's covers for DVDs. I use to find the idea silly, but your are so professionally done I couldn't resist them. And I love the show that much that I want them to look great.

Now, does anyone have a cover I could use for 24 Season 1 that would fit on a 6 Disc Case? I got the season for Xmas but it's the Asia version, which came in 3 2 disc cases. I bought an extra case when I ordered my DS9 ones and I want to use them for 24 Season 1. (I can't afford to sign up to DVD Cover Art and I wouldn't use it much anyway.)

Adam

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey Ric,

Me again. I just noticed that when I look at the high rez versions of the covers for season one and two in photoshop it showa the document size to be very large and the resolution to be 72, while all the other season are 300 dpi. I'm worried now all the covers wont be the same size when I get them back from Kinko's tonight. Every cover should be the exact same size right?

Heh I wonder if they can reprint them for me.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully they will realize the error and print it at the correct size. I mean hopefully they are gonna realize thay you don't want a cover that is 50 innches high! They should all be 300 dpi. You can go into Image size in Photoshop and change the dpi to 300. I believe "resample image" should not be checked.

It was possibly a bug in the download that changed the settings. Did you download them from here or DVD Cover Art?

Ric

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I got them from here, http://www.hometheaterforum.com/imag...rt/index.html.

I got the covers back today and overall they look wonderful. Some slight size differences but I will trim them to match. I used Kinko's slide sutter. Now I am just waiting for my covers to show up. I signed up for DVD Cover art today (I didn't realize how cheap it was) so I could get a cover for 24 Season 1. Getting that printed up tonight and Kinko's.

I can't wait to get them all together and see how they look. I never thought I would care so much about the covers that hold my silly DVDs.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Ric,

I got my cases today and just wanted to say again what a great job you did on these. It looks great.

Wondering something, those 2 sites you link from the Star Trek Cover page, do they both sell the same 6 and 7 disc cases or dooes the quality vary at all? Just wondering.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I started to get a slightly different hub design with my last order, but I think it is just an update in the design. They work just as well and the outside of the cases remain the same. I've been ordering them from US Plastic since they're a lot cheaper!

Glad you like the covers!

Ric

WarDoctor

Grip
Real Name
Joe
I own the entire series on dvd but the cases have gotten damaged over time and won't hold the disks properly. I bought Blu ray cases to house each season in. They are the slimmer 6 disk cases but I don't have proper coverage for them. Can someone recommend a BluRay version cover set that I can use please and thank you?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks