What's new

Star Trek Beyond (2016) (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, thanks for posting that Neil.

It's like, I read it. It's out there now.....why can't people speak in complete coherent sentences? [emoji3]. I'm sure that was an off the cuff interview and Mr. Lin was speaking without having time to completely think out his answers. Abrams is like that too.

From what he's said, it sounds good. He's pretty much told us the Enterprise is destroyed and the crew are split up and has to survive by their wits. My main concern still is whether Pegg really knows Star Trek and if he and Jung has produced a good solid Star Trek story. I can appreciate Lin speaking to his experience growing up with the series, so his perspective is there.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Again a bs headline to grab attention. No where in that "interview" does Lin say anything of the sort. What he does say is:

"[Co-writers] Simon [Pegg] and Doug [Jung] and I have spent some time on that. [laughs] Star Trek has been around for 50 years, and every filmmaker that comes on has a different point of view, and it’s a universe that can support many points of view and journeys and adventures. I embraced what JJ has brought - without him this whole group wouldn’t be together - so I’m definitely very appreciative of him. At the same time, do we address it? No, but we don’t discount it. We don’t sit there and say it doesn’t exist, it’s part of this universe now."

[emoji849]

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
SamT said:
Which is the same thing. They are ignoring it.
Imo, Not addressing and ignoring are two different things.

And he is responding to not addressing the "khan" blood issue. Not the entire film.

Typical hyperbole from a website twisting comments to get hits. Pathetic.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Reading between the lines... the are ignoring it... thankfully. Otherwise, they would have to change the famous lines "to boldly beam where no man has beamed before". LOL!!! Hopefully they learned their lesson and now will keep the ship in orbit instead of hiding under the sea. LOL!!!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Ignoring one aspect perhaps but NOT the whole film. That's my point.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome guys. [emoji4]. It had me thinking, the aliens that wipe out the Enterprise could be a variant of the Metrons or Organians who teach Kirk and crew a lesson.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Tino said:
Ignoring one aspect perhaps but NOT the whole film. That's my point.

Sounds like they are ignoring more then one thing, no trans-beaming, no magic blood, no Carol Marcus, reduced Spock/Uhura love thingy.

Kinda like how Trek episodes would mostly ignore what happened in previous episodes. Like Voyager's unlimited supply of shuttle crafts, Kirk/Riker's countless love interest, follow the prime directive one minute and not the next, damage to the ship suddenly gone the next week, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks