What's new

Star Trek Beyond (2016) (1 Viewer)

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
FoxyMulder said:
I would like that, a much darker Borg film with good action and a big budget to cater for it, but only if they have a good script and give us characters we can care for, i think the first film did that but the second film was a bit of a mess especially during the second half, i think Cumberbatch did well but i never felt like this was Khan onscreen, he should have been playing someone else.
I don't know. I'm kind of tired of the Borg. I think I had enough of them in First Contact.

But then, I really didn't want them to bring Khan back either for ID. But that happened, so I guess we really are getting the Borg for #3. Great... :rolleyes:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
No, no Borg. That would be a complete sellout, even more so than Khan.

I'll reserve judgment on the third movie til I see it, but I'd like to see something new - really new, not a retread.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Jonathan Perregaux said:
This Summer, Mel Gibson is... The Doomsday Machine.Hey, I got it. The crew from an alternate universe are themselves flung into an alternate universe where... Star Trek is a TV show being produced in 1966. Shenanigans ensue as Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) meets the young William Shatner (Chris Pine), who plays Captain Kirk in a fictional series filmed on the Desilu lot.Their places reversed, nu-Kirk suddenly finds he cannot resist stuffing his face at the commissary, nor can he resist stealing Leonard Nimoy's (Zachary Quinto) bicycle. Meanwhile, William Shatner bluffs his way through an encounter with the Tholians ("I work in Hollywood, man. This wouldn't be the first time I've dealt with folks who connect at the butt and then walk apart slowly and surround you in web-like goo that just keeps contracting until you implode").But all is nearly lost when Leonard Nimoy flicks cigarette ash on his hand, which causes "Kirk" to knock a cup of coffee and a Danish into the ship's shield controls at the worst possible moment...
I could have sworn there was a TOS novel or comic with a similar scenario, (with Nimoy expressing amazement at what he sees in Spock's scanner) but my google fu fails me at the moment.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Joel Fontenot said:
I don't know. I'm kind of tired of the Borg. I think I had enough of them in First Contact.

But then, I really didn't want them to bring Khan back either for ID. But that happened, so I guess we really are getting the Borg for #3. Great... :rolleyes:
They are really Bor-g-ing snoozing is futile. :lol:

Its time Paramount stop jerking us around and give a real true mirrored coloured prefect transfers that would match up to the 35mm scope in all ways, nothing more or nothing less and perfect spot Dolby TrueHD of the uncompressed 70mm Dolby release prints. That way we won't have to have any more re-releases of this for at least 20 years more or so. I mean why release every few less than a years so? What are the discs going to self-destruct?

I'm fed up being milked.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
STAR TREK III The Wrath of Charlie X. You'd think he would be pissed at captain Kirk, by now?

Now watching on region 2 DVD this evening.

I like the trailers to the next episode on the end of the laserdiscs.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Andy,I just watched that episode last night. Fabulous story, music, and acting. And it gives me the 'complete' version (along with "Deneva") of one of my favorite musical cues in all of TOS.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Watched "What are little Girls of Made of" (twice tonight) Ruk, "the old ones". I like it. "half breed interference" :lol:

First season is good.

STAR TREK III The Wrath of Ruk. Ruk, wasn't really vaporized he had shields and vanished transported to a different part of the planet, Now he wants revenge.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
SilverWook said:
I could have sworn there was a TOS novel or comic with a similar scenario, (with Nimoy expressing amazement at what he sees in Spock's scanner) but my google fu fails me at the moment.
Same here. I remember a couple books that came out that had different ST stories written by fans. It was called "Beyond The Voyages" or "These Are The Voyages". I know it had "Voyages" in the title. I might still have the books up in the attic. They were pretty good stories if I remember correctly.

Edit: Found it on Amazon here- http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Voyages-Star-Trek/dp/0553246364/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

The story is called "Visit To A Small Planet Revisited". Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley switch roles with their fictional counterparts, I think via a transporter glitch (I think).

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
SilverWook said:
There was Star Trek: The New Voyages. It had a story called something like "Journey to a Strange World Revisited."

MaxMorrow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter Roberts
Jonathan Perregaux said:
This Summer, Mel Gibson is... The Doomsday Machine.Hey, I got it. The crew from an alternate universe are themselves flung into an alternate universe where... Star Trek is a TV show being produced in 1966. Shenanigans ensue as Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) meets the young William Shatner (Chris Pine), who plays Captain Kirk in a fictional series filmed on the Desilu lot.Their places reversed, nu-Kirk suddenly finds he cannot resist stuffing his face at the commissary, nor can he resist stealing Leonard Nimoy's (Zachary Quinto) bicycle. Meanwhile, William Shatner bluffs his way through an encounter with the Tholians ("I work in Hollywood, man. This wouldn't be the first time I've dealt with folks who connect at the butt and then walk apart slowly and surround you in web-like goo that just keeps contracting until you implode").But all is nearly lost when Leonard Nimoy flicks cigarette ash on his hand, which causes "Kirk" to knock a cup of coffee and a Danish into the ship's shield controls at the worst possible moment...
This also reminds me somewhat of the episode of the 80s sketch comedy show "Fridays" Shatner hosted. The conceit was that Kirk had found himself on the ABC lot in the past, and the cast and crew of the show mistook Kirk for an absent Shatner who was scheduled to host that week.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Enjoyed the first movie - mostly for the energy and casting. Found the second movie a lame retread without the emotional investment built up by the intervening years between Space Seed and Wrath Of Khan.

The announcement that the next movie is finally boldly going is the first piece of good news attached to this project.

Unfortunately it is also the only good piece of news. ST3 is being helmed by a first time director and a writer with a spotty track record who has spread himself too thin the last couple of years. Plus his writing partners have no track record either.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Maybe this time they find the last place V-Ger was and it No longer desires to travel home.I averted.While out they find a planet inhabited by ocean creatures ruled by "whales"...who give us DNA to mix with Khan blood.IV averted with a dash of Prometheus.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Lou Sytsma said:
The announcement that the next movie is finally boldly going is the first piece of good news attached to this project.
I think that, regardless of who is involved, any Star Trek movie made for today's market will basically be an action movie set in outer space. The creative team behind it might start with all the best intentions but I can't imagine that Paramount will let them make a movie that doesn't have lots of explosions, shooting and killing because that's what sells the most tickets. When it comes down to choosing between making more money or making something that is truer to the original show, I can't see Paramount not choosing the money.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Star Trek has, oddly enough, mutated to become very much like the dreaded Gold Key comics from the late 60's. They were published concurrently with the original TV series, but written and drawn by artists with hardly any inkling of what the show was actually about. Therefore, many of the adventures depicted the Enterprise crew (bearing almost no likeness to the actors) running around on planets with their phasers firing in all directions. "Vop! Vop! Vop!"

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
As much as I hate to say it, the Borg would make sense. The introduction of trans-warp technology causes them to head towards our sector of space much sooner than they otherwise would have. What I'd do is have 2 main storylines in the next movie....the Enterprise out in deep space encountering the Borg, and at home, the tensions between the Federation and the Klingons. Just as all hell is about to break loose with the Klingons, the Enterprise comes racing back towards Earth with the Borg cube chasing them, and that sets up part 4.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Stephen Brooks said:
As much as I hate to say it, the Borg would make sense. The introduction of trans-warp technology causes them to head towards our sector of space much sooner than they otherwise would have. What I'd do is have 2 main storylines in the next movie....the Enterprise out in deep space encountering the Borg, and at home, the tensions between the Federation and the Klingons. Just as all hell is about to break loose with the Klingons, the Enterprise comes racing back towards Earth with the Borg cube chasing them, and that sets up part 4.
The Klingons would then join forces with the federation to fight the Borg, some point during the movie they will have John McEnroe popping up and shouting "You cannot be serious" at which point all hell breaks loose and it goes to a tie break, yes this could work, i don't want one Borg cube, i want hundreds and thousands of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks