What's new

Stands for B&W DM602 S3 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Brad

Auditioning
Hello everyone, first time poster here. I have a pair of B&W DM602 S3's and a pair of Klipsch SB3's. I am lookin for a good pair of stands. On the Bowers and Wilkins website i see they have a factory stand for the 600 series, however i can't seem to find it for sale on any website. Any help as to what stands you all think would be best for a $250 and under per pair budget please feel free to let me know in this thread.

Thank you,

Andrew

Ron Salvoro

Auditioning
I have a pair of dm602 s3 for almost a year now standing on an improvised stand. I just made it myself with 2-65mm diameter BI pipe with a 300 x 280 x 6mm metal base and on top is 200 x 200 x 6mm. Both are welded (fillet) on the pipe. They also look beautiful after having it painted with automotive black finish. Each stand weighs about 12 kls and my speakers look so rigid on top.

I was about to buy that B&W stand offered to me by the store where I purchased my speakers, however, they seem to fall easily on one side.

Andrew Brad

Auditioning
Thanks. I was wondering if the B&W FS700 silver stands would work with my DM602's. I know B&W marketed a FS Silver stand for the 600 series at one time, but they were discontinued. If anyone knows where i can find either of those please let me know. I also read that i need a special mount for the 602's because they dont have a conventional mounting method, and usually just rely on gravity to keep them in place.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I would not go for the B&W stands as they will be pretty expensive unless you get them used/discontinued. I'd get good heavy stands from somewhere, or make some. Then you can spike the tops, or just use blu-tak.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The stands I listed are 26lbs ea unfilled. That's pretty substantial. Definitely no knocking these over.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, definitely the stands john linked would be good stands. I was more referring to the branded stands, they can be pretty damn expensive for the same thing or less. Buying non "high-end" stands should be fine, and building them can save some bucks too if you have the time/tools.

I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on some welded metal pipe and plates or some screwed together peices of wood and PVC pipe, when you can buy the same, or build the same for much cheaper.

Troy R

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Chris I built my own stands for my Dynaudio 1.3mkII. Here is a link to mine. Some constructions pics here.
They are based off of the TNT-audio design found here
It was an easy project and cost me about 80 bucks (since I used hardwood). They weigh about 50+ pounds, not bad for stands that are more stable than anything I could buy for $200+ ...

Brandon_S

Second Unit
I got my official B&W stands with my 602s when I bought them last month. They were only $90 a pair (well at least that is what the guy charged me) and I found that to be a very good deal. They seem very sturdy and fillable. It never hurts to check with the closest B&W dealer and see what kind of price they can give you on the official stands.

girja

Auditioning
Real Name
Girjashanker
HI ron.
Could you possibly send me a picture of the stands you made with some details so I could make them here in New Delhi India. All this while I have been using books to give height to the speakers !
Thanks. My email id is [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks