1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Standard size for banana plugs?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by KevinST, Jan 26, 2013.

1. KevinST

KevinST Well-Known Member

I ordered a bunch of speakers cables for BlueJeans (front L/R/C and Rear L/R). It is just over 50 feet total and I ordered them with banana plugs. Well, now as I am trying to connect them, the banana plugs are all too big for EVERYTHING! They don't fit the Onkyo receiver, any of the Klipsch speakers, my Definitive Technology speaker, or the wall plate. I thought there was a standard size. Should I just cut all the ends off or what? The things were not cheap when you add it up.

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Do your speakers and AVR not have binding posts?

3. TheGary

TheGary Well-Known Member

I'm just going to ask this. Are you trying to insert the plugs in through the side and not through the top?

4. KevinST

KevinST Well-Known Member

Never mind, solved my problem. These plugs have a rotating barrel that adjust the thickness of the plug. They came all rotated all the way so they were as thick as possible. I did not realize there was going to be a learning curve on high-quality banana plugs.

5. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    I was just about to ask which version of the BJC banana plug you chose...(I've never used "locking" plugs)