What's new

Standalone Blu-ray Player (1 Viewer)

ROBtech

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
In the the market for a standalone Blu-ray player.

What do you have, what do you recommend ?

Thanks

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I can only speak for the panasonic dmp-bd10 although it is a little pricey, it has proven to be most reliable with few glitches or bugs.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I would wait a few months. With Sony's announcement of a 599.99 second gen player in May, it will force the other manufacturers to drastically reduce their retail price point. The only player that should be immune to the new pricing will be the Pioneer Elite player.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I don't know. Originally priced at $1,300, Panasonic has positioned their player as an "elite" unit as well, so I wouldn't expect their next offering to be as cheap as the Sony (though I'd like that). But if they don't offer 1080p/24 in the near future it does give them a little less to stand on, price-wise.

ROBtech

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the replys.

What would you say is the main difference between the Panasonis and the Sony ?

Besides 7.1

I'm just ready for one now

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
I'd recommend the Panny for the long run if one had to choose from the current standalone players. If you just want to get your foot in the door get the Sammy. You can get one pretty cheap right now since the new model is around the corner(April).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks