1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stand Recommendations

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Spector, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Spector

Spector Stunt Coordinator

Hey, I've recently put together a home theater system and at the moment I really dont have any good spot for my rears (Fluance AV-BP2) and they are currently sitting on the back of my couch which certainly doesnt give them room to show off what they really can do.

I'm looking for some recommendations on some speaker stands (cheap hopefully). I'm not looking for anything special just something that isnt hideous.

I've never really looked at a speaker stand in person, do they all mount the same way? THese speakers seem to have some kind of bracket on the back (maybe for wall mount) but nothing on the bottom.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

2. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

with most stands the speaker just sits on it like it does a shelf, just about anything will work including a wall shelf

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Since you're asking for specific purchase recommendations for speaker stands, I've moved your thread here. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level.

4. MikeHU

MikeHU Stunt Coordinator

Yes, shelves work nicely, If you have a nearby wall behind you. Pottery Barn sells some nice shelves with different lengths and depths, and finishes for a variety of decoration. (ok, it made my wife happy). I have some Klipsch RS-35's sitting on shelves. They are fairly long speakers, and it works well. If you still want stands, consider the weight of your speakers, stability, and listening height. I'm going thru that now, as I just upgraded over the weekend to a new 7 channel reciever (Denon 2805), and will likely put my surrounds on speaker stands. I'm looking for something with a wood finish. BB carries a pair for about $99, but I haven't seen them in person.