What's new

Stallone talks Rocky 6 (1 Viewer)

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
On a local sports radio show here (with the guy who was involved in Sue Bird controversy if any of you know about that) Stallone was pimping Spy Kids and talked about Rocky 6, saying the story was done, and if he was a betting man, he would bet it will get made. He almost sold me on the idea too, talking about how the Rocky movies are about more than just boxing, how they're about the drive we feel inside of us. I guess I've never really heard an interview with him either because I would surprised at how well-spoken he was. Thought I'd share.

Chris

Damian James

Stunt Coordinator
That reminds me of a line from the movie Spaceballs that went something along the lines of, "Up next, Bongo's review of Rocky 5... Thousand! Bongo?"

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Which movie had the ROCKY XVIII poster (or something like that) with a geriatric Rocky....I think it had a subtitle that read: "One, Last Time"

Was it Airplane II?

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Yes Airplane 2, I remember that. Stallone is also scheduled to be on Jim Rome's radio show this morning too, not sure what hour though.

Chris

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Should this actually come to be, it would confirm Seth Paxton's theory of "has been" actors going back to the womb when the going gets tough. Like Ford with Indy, Ahnuld with T3 etc...

--
Holadem

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Sly ust be making heavy rounds as he was on the local sports talk in Atlanta as well, and Christopher, you are right, he is very well spoken and seemingly quite the film buff. Despite his resume, he noted that character and story were what drew him to films and that his favorite movie is The Lion in Winter. He also properly pointed out that Easy RIder opened the door for a lot of good films in the 70's. Anyhow, I was impressed, and the hosts seemed a bit surprised at some of his responses.

MichaelW

Stunt Coordinator
It also could be all about the money -

Keep in mind that Rocky IV is still the top grossing sports movie of all time... $300.4 million in 1985 (followed by Jerry Maguire $274 in '96; Space Jam, Rocky II, Waterboy, Days of Thunder, League of their Own, Remember the Titans, Rocky III, Rocky...)

Of course, conspicously missing from that list? Rocky V. :D

Most of what we now consider the best sports movies were not box office hits.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I remember reading a plot synopsis about the new Rocky film about a year ago (I think on AICN, though I can't remember for sure). It actually sounded pretty cool, Bringing back past character (like Mr. T), reflecting on Rocky as he prepares for his final comeback, ala George Foreman. It sounded like it would be in a pseudo documentary style.

I'd probably check it out, as I like most of the Rocky films, and Sly does have a lot more talent than many people attribute to him based on his action films in the 80's, Nighthawks being a personal fave.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Kidding aside, I would support this project, if done right. I don't think the character got a proper send-off in Rocky V.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Since I grew up loving all the Rocky films (four was my favorite, as a kid, I thought the first was kinda boring :D), I'd be first in line to see Rocky six. :D

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Well wasn't that the plot of every Rocky movie, except for maybe I and V?
Agreed, he always "came back". I think the difference with this one is the general tone, shot more like a documentary, as opposed to the traditional dramatic film. Of course, I read that at least a year ago, so who knows what the current script is like, I'm just excited to see how it transpires.

It would be nice to see Stallone in a major project that isn't going direct to video (I don't consider Spy Kids 3 a Stallone project, per say.)

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
My problem though with this, is that the dude had brain damage in Rocky V, not something that does not just goes away. So I don't buy him fighting again. And I am a HUGE Rocky fan. (Hell I even own a copy of Leroy Neimans Rocky painting).

But if he does have to comeback... Well that means another 2 acts of Adrian moaning about it, only to give her approval at the end of the 2nd act which then gives Rocky the confidence to win.

-- Matt

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Stallone was on Letterman last night and said he'd finished the script. He did refer to George Foreman as something of a model.

M.

John_McKittrick

Stunt Coordinator
Rocky V was a great movie, but I couldn't stand him losing his fortune. What a rip off. I'll be in line for VI hoping he gets it all back and ends the story the right way.

John

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Stallone was on Conan tonight and stated that in the movie Rocky would fight against a guy named "XL" (pronounced like the program "Excel") who looks like an Allen Iverson. He stated that it would be a sort of generation vs. generation bout.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
"Rocky five plus Rocky two equals...Rocky VII! 'Adrian's Revenge'"

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D The lemon tree episode was just on last week, too! If you don't know what I'm talking about, then shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks