What's new

St. Elsewhere? (1 Viewer)

SBar54321

Auditioning
Real Name
Susan
Does anyone know when St. Elsewhere will be released, either as individual seasons or as a boxed set? I received an e-mail last Sept. that said it was thought to be released this year as a box set. I have been waiting patiently for this series to be released.
Thanks.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

There is a strong rumor that the complete series will be released this year.
Most times complete series sets are released in the Fall or Christmas season.
I'm hoping to see it later this year.

potnoodle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Will F

The rumor that St.Elsewhere complete series set was going to be released has been floating around since last summer. I'd love to see that happen, but honestly, I would be very surprised. The MTM drama series haven't sold very well for Fox (but then again the big companies have lots of overhead costs which eat into profits). Even Hill St. Blues got a second season release, something St.Elsewhere didn't. I hope I'm wrong about this, but about the only way we will ever get more St.Elsewhere would be if Fox licenses the show out to another company (like Shout) for them to release.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
If the first season hadnt been on DVD-18s, and had edited episodes to boot! I would have bought it!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

DVD 18s are a type of double sided discs that Universal LOVED, and they were crap. Many wouldnt play, or you could come back to them weeks, or months later, and they wouldnt play.
I also read a few of the episodes are edited because of music issues.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
I know what DVD 18s are. But you need to site a source on your other statement because as far as I know, they are not edited/altered.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

I think i read it HERE, on the other, and much older St. Elsewere comming to DVD thread? Seems that only an episode or two were affected. To be honest, the DVD 18s were a deal breaker for me.

I cant remember if a review on DVD Talk said the same thing, id have to look. But for now, i am gonna eat supper.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

mickeyTOR

Agent
I don't know to what extent that the show has been edited - for music rights or anything else - but one of my favorite episodes where Judith Light, as a pregnant woman, walks into the OR with a gun and holds the doctor's hostage has a noticeable music change (noticeable at least for me). In the original show, the Beach Boys were playing on the tape deck. Judith shoots it, causing Erlich to respond saying "Wipe Out".

Didn't have the same punch with the generic 'rock' music that plays on the DVD.

I'd still like to get the rest of this show, however. It's definitely one that has held up against the test of time!

SBar54321

Auditioning
Real Name
Susan
Thank you so much for the info. I will continue to wait patiently. I'll also continue watching this board because I know you guys will be the first to inform all of us when it does become a reality.
Thanks, again.
Peace,
SBar

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Since Shout! has been doing most of the other MTM shows (Bob Newhart, Newhart, Hill street Blues), I'd say they are the likeliest source if this is going to happen. Wouldn't mind if they also did a complete series set of Remington Steele, this time not on flipper disks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks