What's new

Sports blurrs... (1 Viewer)

Brett Sw

Agent
I just passed 40 hours on a new Tosh 51H83. As I understand it, the picture should start to clear up around 100 hours and on up to 200 hours? I plan on tuning it will Avia at about 100 hours and again at 200 hours.

Here's my questions for the day...Should I run a single piece of coax from the dish to the sat receiver? Currently it has 3 splices in it, but no splitters. There's about a 10 foot run where the coax and 110v wire share the same holes through the floor joists. Could this be causing some of the blurred picture?

The picture is pretty good on close-ups, but it's really poor (blurred) on the pulled back shots of basketball or football games (ie...the halfcourt camera angle all players on the court and the shot showing all the players at the snap of the football). The white letters of the onscreen score/stat boards seem to be blurred quite a bit also. The Contrast is at 50, Brightness 40 and Sharpness 15 and have also done the 9 pt convergence. Anything else I can do during the break-in period to help or should I wait?

John Sully

Stunt Coordinator
Have you looked at the HD picture on your set. What you are describing sounds like typical upconversion softness. Sports in true HD are spectacular. Spend the $$ and give it a try.

--John

Brett Sw

Agent
Not yet...My contract with Dishnetwork is up in January and probably will go with Direct TV. It's my understanding that Dish doesn't broadcast in true HD. Any idea if this is true?

John Sully

Stunt Coordinator
Dish does broadcast in HD. Get an 811 ($400) and enjoy, the HD tier is $9.99/mo. and you also get SHO HD and HBO HD if you get SHO and/or HBO.

--John

Brett Sw

Agent
I do need to get into the HD!!! I'm hesitating just for the simple fact that they don't offer the local network channels yet in my area. I'm in Jefferson City, MO which is almost in the middle of the KC and St Louis metro areas. I know at least one of the local channels has gone HD, but Dish just doesn't/won't offer them yet. Why...I don't know. It's been a rumor every year for 4 years and now the word on the street is now by the middle to end of January 2004.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks