What's new

splitting/switching Component connections? (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
Hello all,
I recently upgraded to HDTV with Comcast. Thats the good news, the bad news is that this new component connection is an addition to my already maxed out 2 component Inputs in my TV. One was being used for Prog DVD player, and the other for Prog Scan Xbox. I am wondering if it is ok to use a regular av switcher (radio shack, et al) to switch the prog component devices, and put the HD box directly into the TV. I have read about bandwidth restrictions on switching HD, which is why I would put that directly into the set. But I figure, progressive scan cant be that demanding, so switching that should be ok? I have tested and it seems to work, but Im not sure if Im getting true Progressive scan, or if its reverting back to Interlaced because of the switcher.

Also, are component cables necessary for the switching, or can regular RCA (yellow,white,red) cables be used "as" component.

Thanks for any and all input!!

Stephen_Ri

Stunt Coordinator
I'm certaily no expert, but I'd say that if you're using a component switch box, that you should be getting progressive scan. A switch box only switches, it doesn't convert the signal. Regular video cables cannot be used in place of component.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks