What's new

Split screen with two tvs? (1 Viewer)

mulalleybs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
I'm sure there isn't, but if theres a way someone on this forum would know how.
Anyway, I have to tvs hooked up to my receiver right nowand it would be able to play both of them split screen at the same time, is there any way to make it so that they have player one on one tv and player two on another instead of split on both?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to assume you're playing a console. In that case, this is not possible. The PS3 was originally going to have 2 HDMI ports and support this very thing, but they removed the additional port in the interest of reduced costs.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Wait, do you mean splitting the video signal so that one half of the image would be on one TV and the other half would be on the other TV? Some games allow you to do side-by-side splitscreen but the image would look warped and there's nothing you could do about that. A lot of current-gen games don't have splitscreen because the graphics are too hard for the console to render twice or they are focused on making the games play online instead of splitscreen.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You could use these...
http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-UGA-165-1920x1080-1600x1200-DisplayLink/dp/B004AIJE9G/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1356982646&sr=1-6&keywords=multiple+screen+adapter
To accomplish this as each "screen" would simply add "width" to the prior screen...But whether the PS3/Xbox/Wii would allow such a thing is another story altogether...
Computers do this fine. One HDMI output on my laptop and connected to those, before a display, lets you do any configuration you wish...simple split, additional screen space...
That is the main reason I use laptops for streaming content instead of Roku/ATV...
I can use one laptop to three things at once...and all three doing different stuff...
Netflix on a TV.
Spotify into another stereo.
And still leave the laptop...as laptop...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks