What's new

Spider-Man -films (Blu-ray) on 10-30-07 (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
The lower discount rate (currently 10%) won't hold at Amazon for very long. It will go back up to 30% or 35% soon or if nothing else at least by the release week to stay in competition with other vendors.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I suspect the high price on SM3 is to drive more people to the box set, so that Sony can say:

Look how many more copies of the Spider-Man Trilogy sold compared with the Matrix Trilogy!

That's what I'd do. :)

Slick way to get people to upgrade all the films rather than stick with their SB DVDs.

I have no explanation for Amazon however. Maybe they need to cut down on customers.

Eric F

Screenwriter
The box price has to drop from Amazon. No way in hell am I paying $82 for it.(after 10% discount)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I saw it for that price but was entitled something like "Spiderman 1-2-3" which was fairly cryptic, plus I was waiting for the discount to be added too before I purchased.

Either way, if Amazon decides not to lower their prices that's fine with me. I'm sure I can find somewhere else to make my purchase, like DeepDiscount, whose 20% off sale comes very close to the release date as well.

MarekM

Supporting Actor

I ordered UK version from sendit.com :)

Spider-Man 1, 2 and 3 (Blu-Ray) (Region 2) 32.89 (was 49.99)
----------
subtotal: 32.89
giftwrap: 0.00
Postage: 1.75
----------
Grand Total: 34.64 pounds
----------

Marek

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I ordered the Spider-man Trilogy from Amazon the other day to get the higher 10% additional discount (~$9). Simply email then after the transaction to get it applied. Then you can use their pre-order price guarantee when they resume the lower $68 price thus making the total purchase price ~$59. In the end, if they don't bring the overall price back down I'll just cancel the order and get it elsewhere.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

Perhaps somebody with some audio expertise can chime in, but is there a reason for this? Would there be any difference encoding a 16-bit source using 24-bit Dolby THD as opposed to 16-bit THD? If THD is "lossless", I don't get what benefit they'll get by encoding a 16-bit source at 24-bit.

Vincent

MarekM

Supporting Actor

yes but for me is quite cheaper, because slovak crown is very strong now against $, euro or pound, so now for me after recomputing to slovak crown and back to $ it will be around 66-67$ :)

and most importatn thing, this is already with TAX etc...

Marek

MarekM

Supporting Actor
finaly changes on amazon :)

Spider-Man 3 (Two Discs) [Blu-ray] ~ Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, and Thomas Haden Church (Blu-ray - 2007)
Buy new: $43.95 $29.95
You Save: $14.00 (32%)

Spider-Man - The High Definition Trilogy (Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 2.1 / Spider-Man 3) [Blu-ray] ~ Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, and Alfred Molina (Blu-ray - 2004)
Buy new: $92.95 $64.99
You Save: $27.96 (30%)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Sigh..... they're still not applying the 10% discount for those eligible.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

The original source audio on most films is 16 bit. 24 bit is a selling point, like saying New and Improved.

Doug

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I've given up on this. I just order it now and send an e-mail asking for the price correction. I had to do that with the Anchor Bay BDs too. After the Spider-man box set soared to $89 for awhile, I decided this method causes less heart-ache in the long run.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I feared the worst re: lossless audio, but I see that they are at least including Dolby Digital TrueHD. The lack of extras has been rumored for some time, and it is not a deal-breaker for me.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Paul - I thought I read that they weren't doing any high-def extras for the 1st 2...I had no idea they weren't including ANY extras. What a waste. Oh well. I'll still watch via NF but they lost my purchase with this decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks