What's new

Spider-Man Deluxe Edition & Spider-Man Superbit (1 Viewer)

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
Ok now one has the two same discs you got with the orignal plus a third disc with additional features and one comes with a commantary with Tobey Maguire. So is it worth buying both, one or the other, or neither?

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
Well on the Superbit you get the commantary with Tobey Maguire and on the three disc well you get the third disc along with the other two you got when Spider-Man DVD first came out. So their is a little bit of difference.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
It would have made sense to do a "SuperBit Deluxe" with the new movie disc w/ commentary as disc 1 and the third disc of the 3-disc edition. That way those of us who already have the 2-disc set could get the two new discs with no overlap. I definitely would have bought that. Columbia/Tri-Star has decided to make us buy two disc we already have in order to get all the new content and I've decided to pass.

Mat Kr

Grip
I thought the superbit series had enhanced transfers. I honestly thought the first Spider-Man disc could have had a better transfer, there was quite a bit of grain in the film.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

The Superbit series has NOTHING to do with transfers. The vast majority use the same transfers as the prior versions. The difference is that they attempt to maximize bit usage, but with only a couple of exceptions, they feature the same old transfers. Will Spidey be one of those exceptions? Kinda doubt it, but I guess we'll see soon...

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
i have the pal r2 superbit no commentary but tons of EE its full of it and grain the dts track is tightly mixed and very dynamic

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
I hope there's a review of the R1 Superbit before my copy ships - if it's the same old transfer just with a higher bitrate I'll cancel my order.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

While the same transfers are generally used, less filtering is also applied to Superbits.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
If there's too much "grain" in the filtered regular release of SPIDERMAN, there's gonna be even MORE in an unfiltered or less-filtered Super-Bit, so all of you film-grain haters will be out of luck.

Vincent

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
Eck! I wouldn't bother getting either then but I do like this idea which I wish they would of used in the first place.

Dang butt monkeys. I'm saving up this week so I can buy Buffy season 6 then I'm broke lol.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Just to make sure - those screenshots are from the US R1 Super-Bit DVD and not the R3 Superbit that was released last year?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks