What's new

Spider-Man Coming to DVD on November 1, 2002 (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
$16.00 - including tax - then, yes. :)
I wouldn't be surprised to see this sell for $14.99 from a B&M.
It would be nice to know if and when the Superbit release would be coming. Are we talking six months? A year? Sometime just before Spider-Man II? If I have to wait longer than a year for the Superbit, then I would buy the current version.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have not heard any plans for a release at this time.. I would suspect it would be about the time when they release the other superbit ones. can';t really say.. when I talked with sony.. they were only interested in the SE. no plans for the superbit.. It wouldn;t surprise me if they release one later..
in the meantime a local blockbuster had taken alot of preorderes for the movies. I used to work there. they are ordering mostly the widescreen edition. I have not ordered since the price is 29 bucks.. I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

JACOB

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would have to imagine Spider-man received more online votes than any other title on the online Superbit poll. From a marketing standpoint, it might make sense to release the Superbit version in the winter or spring of 2004 - just before the sequel. Just my guess.

Robert McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
In the Cingular link, which takes you to buy.com it says that included in the dvd is a coupon for a free dvd (Air Force One, Ali, Bad Boys (Special Edition), Big Daddy, Black Hawk Down, Boyz in the Hood, Bridge on the River Kwai (single disc), Charlie's Angels (Special Edition), Close Encounters (single disc), Cruel Intensions, Finding Forrester, From Here To Eternity, Ghostbusters, Joe Dirt, Lawrence of Arabia (single disc), Legends of the Fall (Special Edition), Not Another Teen Movie, On the Waterfront, Resident Evil, Stripes, Taxi Drive (Special Edition), The 6th Day (Special Edition), The Fifth Element, Tommy, or Two Can Play That Game). None of the other on-line sites at which I looked mention this coupon. Does anybody know if the coupon is only from copies purchased from buy.com (perhaps due to some special marketing with cingular) or is the coupon going to be included in copies from any vendor?

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but the thread is now 7 pages!

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
This promotion is very deceiving. You have to buy Spidey and one other DVD from their list... then you get the FREE one.

Notice that Tommy and Resident EVil are free choices. I guess they want to lighten up their inventory before the Superbits.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Brenton,

I would say it is very likely. However, is it worth buying the soon-to-be version for the meantime?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
this is a great article about how Sam Raimi underestimated the power of dvd
------------------------------------------------------------
While shooting the film, Raimi slowly became aware that the DVD format was a force to be reckoned with. Early in the shooting, DVD to him was just another way of delivering movies for home viewing, not much different from VHS. But over time, he said, he saw an “explosion” in audience expectations for DVD. “[DVD] became almost before my eyes a separate event,” he said.
------------------------------------------------------------

we should be should so lucky and can't wait for the dvd to show up

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks