What's new

Spider-Man 2 DVD Reviews - when? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Hmmm...strange. The only reason I wondered is because the first info I read about the set said it would be a "mini-reprint" or something to that effect. I was hoping for a full size one like the reprint of Amazing Fantasy #15 that came with the Spidey 1 giftset.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Great links Charlie.

I've been fully convinced of the rationale for the Superbit titles, especially having a front projector. But, I really do want that genius Spider-Man 2 trailer.

The superbit will most likely give some minor detail improvements and of course, dts. However, with some recent titles, I find myself using the Dolby Digital track that seems to have better bass response.

Decisions, decisions. :b It's nuts to double dip JUST for a trailer though.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

If you need the trailer but refuse to double-dip, just buy Hellboy. It's on there. That way you get the trailer and an entirely different movie. :)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the spidey 2 trailer is on both versions of the hellboy movie.. regular and directors cut.

JACOB

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
It is mentioned in the documentary that there was very little that was not used in the film - an additional scene with the blond girl who lives next door to Peter Parker and a brief scene between Peter and Mary Jane are the two scenes mentioned with a few shots shown.

Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
Vincent, yes, it's my understanding that the DVD master was a direct downconversion from the DI. But for me, what's even more impressive than the disc's picture quality is the 5.1 track. When I interviewed sound mixers Kevin O'Connell and Greg Russell for "Making The Amazing," they were very enthusiastic about doing a 5.1 re-mix just for the DVD. And wow, does it show. Especially during the train fight.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Charlie, I'm sure Sony doesn't want you to talk too much and spoil their plans, but is there anything you can tell us about future double dips that might be planned for Spidey 2? Is this the version to get for sure, or will later versions be a substantial upgrade in terms of extras (or even a significantly new director's cut,t he current "2.5" seems pretty simplistic).

Thanks again for both your hard work and your contributions to this board. It really is nice to know that you take that kind of pride in your work and actually listen to us.

Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
Chris, thanks for the kind words, but I honestly have no idea how 2.5 will turn out, what will be on it or when it will be released. It's all entirely out of my hands. Sorry!

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
im glad your not involved Charlie as i think your work should be saved for great versions of great films and your talents should never be wasted on cash in's

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
With the news about Spidey 2.5, it looks like this'll be the version for me then.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure on this, but if and when the BluRay discs start coming out, I hope we don't have to buy new receiver/decoders to get the DTS-HD soundtrack off the disc.
Will my YAMMY DSP-A1 be left behind?

any thoughts?

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
That's definitely yet another reason not to bother holding out for that version and getting the current one. If Charlie's working on one and not the other, I'll go with the de Lauzirika disc thank you very much.

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator
I understand that the superbit will be released on the same day but will it be widely released at B&M stores or will it be difficult to find?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Places like Wmart or Target rarely have SB titles, but it's possible that a title like Spider-Man 2 they will. But Circuit City, Best Buy, Fry's, FYE, and Suncoast all carry them.

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Tim. I figured that Target and Wally World would overlook the superbits but I am hoping to find it at CC or BB on the day of release.

I'm just afraid that they'll delay their release until they sell the regular versions and will then put the superbits on the shelves.

Probably just paranoid.:D

Guido AC

Grip
Thanks a lot for your contributions here, Mr. de Lauzirika. I love that the DVD release of my favorite movie of the year is in such good hands.

Now, my question is, during the production of the special features, did you have any contact with Danny Elfman? If so, does he get to talk about the problems with the scoring of the film? I know people have whined and moaned about the "lack of a theme", but I think that if his score for the first film was great, the one for the second was just wonderful, especially the Doc Ock themes.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks