1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

SPHE Press Release: Rescue Me Season Five Volume Two

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]
    For Immediate Release

“... you feel as though you are in the backseat, hanging on for dear life, happily.” Ken Tucker, Entertainment Weekly
    “… this show is on fire right now.”
    - People Magazine Starring Denis Leary…
    RESCUE ME:SEASON FIVE VOLUME TWO Guest Stars This Season Include Tatum O’Neal,Maura Tierney and Patti D’ArbanvilleAvailable December 8 in a Three-Disc DVD Set with
    Blooper Reels, Deleted Scenes, and Two All-New Featurettes

[​IMG]

[FONT= 'Times New Roman'] [/FONT]

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (September 28, 2009) – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment debuts Rescue Me: Season Five, Volume Two on DVD December 8 in a three-disc set. The critically-acclaimed series from Sony Pictures Television for FX about post-9/11 New York City firefighters stars three-time Emmy® winner Denis Leary and features guest stars Academy Award® winner Tatum O’Neal (Paper Moon), Maura Tierney (TV’s “ER”) and Patti D’Arbanville (TV’s “Third Watch”). The three-disc set contains 11 episodes from the second half of the fifth season of this edgy drama along with exclusive bonus features, including a behind-the-scenes look at Season Five, a roundtable dinner with the cast and crew discussing the highs and lows of the season and deleted scenes. Rescue Me: Season Five, Volume Two will be available on DVD for $49.95 SLP.

Created by Leary and two-time EmmyâAward-winning writer-producer Peter Tolan (TV’s “The Larry Sanders Show,” “Murphy Brown”), who serve as executive producers along with Jim Serpico, Rescue Me skillfully finds humor in everyday life while never shying away from the emotional tragedies that affect the characters. In addition to Leary, Season Five stars Michael Lombardi, Steve Pasquale, Andrea Roth, John Scurti, Daniel Sunjata and Callie Thorne.

In the second half of this dramatic fifth season, the stakes are high between Lou (Scurti) and Tommy (Leary), the last single men standing. Garrity’s (Pasquale) health begins to worsen and the guys start to realize how far from reality he has drifted. A gruesome accident has all the guys fighting to stay strong. The crew gathers to show their support for Franco (Sunjata) as he steps into the ring against a formidable opponent. The Gavin clan teams up to confront Tommy about his resurging alcoholism but their plan doesn't quite unfold as expected. Tommy's love life reaches new heights of complication and takes an unexpected turn when Kelly (Tierney), a no-nonsense but very attractive woman, shows up at the firehouse talking trash and looking for a date. Janet (Roth) and Sheila’s (Thorne) plan to get rid of Kelly goes haywire and leaves a trail of destruction in its wake. And in the suspenseful final episode, Uncle Teddy (Clarke) appears surprisingly stoic after a staggering personal loss, but finally bursts at the seams.

Rescue Me: Season Five, Volume 1 is also available and features Michael J. Fox’s Emmy®-winning guest star performance.

Rescue Me: Season Five, Volume Two episodes include:
    Disease
    Torch
    Wheels
    Initiation
    Clean
    Lesbos
    Carrot
    David
    Zippo
    Jump
    Drink

DVD Special Features Include:
    • All-New Featurette: “Rescue Me Dysfunctional Family Dinner” - The cast and crew of “Rescue Me” sit down together to discuss the humorous highs and lows of the show over dinner and drinks
    • All-New Featurette: "Setting the Backfires of Season 5"
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Widescreen Presentations
    • Audio: English 5.1 (Dolby Digital)
    • Bonus Previews
    • Closed Captioned

Broadcast Year: 2009 (FX)
    Rescue Me: Season Five, Volume Two has a run time of approximately 447 minutes and is not rated. Artwork and digital clips are available for downloading at www.SPHEPUBLICITY.COM. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.
    DVD Catalog # 32905
    UPC Code: 0-43396-32905-8
    Order Date: 10/29/09
    SLP: $49.95

[​IMG]