1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

SPHE Press Release: I Dream Of Jeannie: The Complete Fifth Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Barbara Eden & Larry Hagman Return for
    One Last Time on DVD July 8

I DREAM OF JEANNIE:
    THE COMPLETE FIFTH SEASON
    Four-Disc Box Set Features 26 Fanciful Episodes

Culver City, Calif. (April 28, 2008) – The final season of one of the most beloved sitcoms in television history comes to DVD July 8 when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment releases I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Fifth Season. The four-disc box set features the romantic magic of all 26 episodes from the fifth season and will be available for $39.95 SRP.

Barbara Eden (TV’s “Harper Valley PTA”) in her career-defining role as Jeannie and Larry Hagman (TV’s “Dallas”) as the hapless Major Tony Nelson star as the adorable mismatched couple, back for one last season of adventures. Their viable chemistry and deft comic timing was made even more successful by the series’ talented regulars Bill Daily (TV’s “The Bob Newhart Show”) as Tony’s best friend and secret-keeper Major Roger Healey, Hayden Rorke (The Unsinkable Molly Brown) as nosey Dr. Bellows, and Emmaline Henry (Rosemary’s Baby) as his wife, Amanda Bellows.

Fifth season high jinks include Jeannie having to make a choice between being Tony’s wife or being the queen of a country, with many of the episodes revolving around wedding arrangements and the big event itself. Viewers have a front row seat to Tony’s (Hagman) reluctant participation in a bachelor party, the confusion and avoidance of wedding pictures, since genies don’t show up in pictures, and the last-ditch attempt of Jeannie’s sister to break up the happy couple by posing as Jeannie and pretending to have an affair. Guest stars appearing during this season include Farrah Fawcett (TV’s “Charlies Angels”) and Jackie Coogan (The Kid).

Inspired by other supernatural shows of the time (particularly “Bewitched”), I Dream of Jeannie began its five-season run on September 18, 1965. Created by best-selling author, Sidney Sheldon, the series cleverly blended romantic and slapstick comedy with outstanding special effects, making the show an immediate success. Eden and Hagman were so perfectly matched that their good-natured, high-spirited antics continue to attract new generations of fans after more than 40 years on the air.

DVD Special Features Include:
    Digitally Remastered Audio and Video
    Full Screen Presentations
    Audio: English, Spanish, Portuguese
    Subtitles: Spanish, Portuguese
    Bonus Previews
    Minisode: Fantasy Island – “Rogues to Riches”
    Minisode: Bewitched – “Junior Executive”
    Closed Captioned

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Fourth Season Episodes Include:

Jeannie at the Piano The Wedding
    Djinn, Djinn, the Pied Pipper My Sister, the Home Wrecker
    Guess Who’s Going to Be a Bride – Part I Jeannie the Matchmaker
    Guess Who’s Going to Be a Bride – Part II Never Put a Genie on a Budget
    Jeannie’s Beauty Cream Please Don’t Give My Jeannie No More Wine
    Jeannie and the Bachelor Party One of Our Hotels Is Growing
    The Blood of Jeannie The Solid Gold Jeannie
    I’ll See You in C.U.B.A. Mrs. Djinn Djinn
    Jeannie & the Mad Home Wrecker Jeannie and the Curious Kid
    Uncle A-Go-Go Jeannie the Recording Secretary
    Help, Help! A Shark Hurricane Jeannie
    Eternally Yours, Jeannie One Jeannie Beats Four of a Kind
    An Astronaut in Sheep’s Clothing The Chili King

BROADCAST YEAR: 1968-1969

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Fifth Season has a run time of approximately 639 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at Welcome to SPHE Connect. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at Sony Pictures.

DVD Catalog # 24702
    UPC Code: 0-93396-24702-4
    Order Date: 6/5/08
    SRP: $39.95