1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

SPHE Press Release: Holiday

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    TAKE A TRIP WITH OSCAR®-WINNERS CARY GRANT & KATHARINE HEPBURN IN THE CLASSIC FILM

HOLIDAY

- Available On DVD December 5-

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (September 25, 2006) – Spend a Saturday night with two of Hollywood’s most beloved actors, Cary Grant (The Philadelphia Story, To Catch A Thief) and Katharine Hepburn (On Golden Pond, The Lion In The Winter) in the heartwarming drama HOLIDAY, available on DVD from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on December 5. Directed by George Cukor (Rich and Famous, My Fair Lady) and written by Broadway playwright Philip Barry (An Affair to Remember, Marie Antoinette), Holiday tells the story of liberal Johnny Case (Grant) who is betrothed to a millionaire's daughter, portrayed by actress Doris Nolan (Irene, Follies Girl), but eventually falls in love with his fiancé’s sister (Hepburn). This film brilliantly illustrates why Grant is considered one of the most acclaimed actors in movie history and why he and Hepburn were perfectly paired together on-screen. The HOLIDAY DVD includes a “Cary At Columbia” featurette along with an exclusive photo gallery and will be available for a SRP of $24.95.

Holiday

Grant plays free-spirited Johnny Case, a self-made man with a dream in his heart of making just enough money to retire on and then travel around the world. Johnny proposes to his girlfriend the lovely Julia (Nolan) in Lake Placid, but it isn't until he pays her a visit in New York that he discovers she's the daughter of a wealthy businessman. Although his nonconformity ruffles the feathers of Julia's stuffy father, he's soon won over the whole family--most notably, Julia's rebellious sister Linda (Hepburn), who in becoming Johnny's greatest advocate finds herself irresistibly drawn to him. With the help of his friends, Johnny makes up his mind as to which is the better course, and the better mate. This film is not rated and has a run time of 97 minutes.

DVD BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE

”Cary at Columbia” Featurette
    Deleted Scenes Photo Montage

DVD Catalog #:11416
    DVD UPC Code: 043396114166
    DVD Order Date: 11/2/06
    DVD SLP: $24.95

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    That's great for those of us that resisted buying this boxset because we already had all of those titles except "Holiday" on dvd.

Crawdaddy

3. Roger Rollins

Roger Rollins Well-Known Member

Agreed...and I'm glad I waited, too. But $24.95 SRP in this day and age for a single disc of a well-known film with top stars and a top director is just moronic.

Shame on Sony!

4. Garysb

Garysb Well-Known Member

Also good news for those who don't want to buy the recently announced Frank Capra set just to get American Madness. It will probably be released individually in about a year. Still as previously mentioned the price point is too high . Sony is clueless.

5. george kaplan

george kaplan Well-Known Member

Well for those of us who did buy the box set, any idea if there's a reason to upgrade? I get the impression that this is just the same transfer, and I should just stick to what I have.

6. seanOhara

seanOhara Well-Known Member

This doesn't look like an upgrade at all, just a stand-alone release of the one film that was exclusive to the box set.

7. Corey

Corey Well-Known Member

its been so slow lately regarding the classic releases. we should be hearing about january's releases from warner bros. next month

8. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Yes, I waited since I had the others, but the price IS too high. Still, HOLIDAY is one of my favorite Hepburn films, so I'm sure I'll pay it to get the film.