1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

SPHE Press Release: Charlie's Angels: The Complete Third Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith, Cheryl Ladd and Farrah Fawcett:
    Hollywood’s Heavenliest Beauties Are Back in Action on July 4

CHARLIE’S ANGELS:
    THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON

SPHE Celebrates the Landmark Show’s 30th Anniversary
    with a Six-Disc DVD Box Set Featuring All 24 Episodes

Culver City, Calif. (April 24, 2006) – This 4th of July, there will be even more fireworks when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment debuts Charlie’s Angels: The Complete Third Season on DVD in time to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the extraordinarily popular series. The show focuses on three gorgeous female private detectives – Emmy® and Golden Globe®-nominee Kate Jackson (TV’s “The Rookies,” “Scarecrow and Mrs. King”), Jaclyn Smith (TV’s “Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy,” “Rage of Angels”) and Cheryl Ladd (Poison Ivy, TV’s “Grace Kelly”) – who solve mysteries with the aid of Bosley (David Doyle) and the guiding hand of their unseen boss, the mysterious Charlie (the voice of John Forsythe from TV’s “Dynasty”), whom they only know as a disembodied voice over the phone. Season three marks Jackson’s last year with the show and the return for three episodes of Charlie’s most celebrated Angel, Farrah Fawcett (TV’s “The Burning Bed,” “Chasing Farrah”), reprising the role that made her a superstar. The six-disc box set features all 24 action-packed episodes and will be available for $49.95 SRP.

From executive producers Aaron Spelling (TV’s “Hart to Hart,” “Beverly Hills 90210,” “Melrose Place,” “Charmed”) and Leonard Goldberg (WarGames, TV’s “Fantasy Island,” “Starsky and Hutch”) came Charlie’s Angels, which exploded on the television scene when it debuted on ABC September 22, 1976, lasting five seasons and becoming the TV phenomenon of the 1970s. Originally starring Jackson as “Sabrina Duncan,” Smith as “Kelly Garrett” and Fawcett as “Jill Munroe,” the lineup changed in the second season when Farrah left the show and Cheryl Ladd joined the cast as “Kris,” Jill’s little sister. The third season marks the only time in the series’ history that the lineup of three Angels remained the same for consecutive years.

The third season gets off to a great start with the two-part episode “Angels in Vegas” featuring guest stars Dean Martin (the Matt Helm movies, Rio Bravo), Dick Sargent (TV’s “Bewitched”), and Robert Urich (reprising his character from TV’s “Vegas”) as the girls blend in backstage to solve a murder. Other episodes include the Angels going undercover as cheerleaders, as teachers at a girls’ boarding school, as runners in a marathon, in a disco and outwitting the look-alike “Counterfeit Angels,” ending with a retrospective episode celebrating their three years as a team.

Familiar faces guest-starring this season include Jamie Lee Curtis (Freaky Friday, True Lies), Stephen Collins (TV’s “7th Heaven”), Mercedes McCambridge (Giant, Johnny Guitar), Marie Windsor (The Girl in Black Stockings, The Unholy Wife), Anne Francis (Forbidden Planet, TV’s “Honey West”), Janis Paige (Romance on the High Seas, Silk Stockings), Lloyd Bochner (TV’s “Dynasty”), Gary Collins (Airport), and Billy Barty (Willow, Foul Play).

Charlie’s Angels: The Complete Third Season episodes include:

Angels in Vegas-Part 1
    Angels in Vegas-Part 2
    Angel Come Home
    Angel on High
    Angels in Springtime
    Winning Is for Losers
    Haunted Angels
    Pom Pom Angels
    Angels Ahoy
    Mother Angel
    Angel on My Mind
    Angels Belong in Heaven
    Angels in the Stretch
    Angels on Vacation
    Counterfeit Angels
    Disco Angels
    Terror on Skis-Part 1
    Terror on Skis-Part 2
    Angel in a Box
    Teen Angels
    Marathon Angels
    Angels in Waiting
    Rosemary for Remembrance
    Angels Remembered

DVD Special Features Include:

Digitally Remastered Audio and Video
    Widescreen Presentations
    Audio: English
    Bonus Previews
    Closed Captioned

BROADCAST YEAR: 1978-1979

Charlie’s Angels: The Complete Third Season has a run time of approximately 1080 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPUBLICITY.COM. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog # 13649
    UPC Code: 0-43396-13649-6
    Order Date: 6/1/06
    SLP: $49.95

2. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Well-Known Member

Ron, thanks for the post. This one's a buy for me.

3. MattHR

MattHR Well-Known Member

Obviously an error.

4. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    I was wondering when and if they were going to continue releasing the series. It is a buy for me too.

5. Tommy G

Tommy G Well-Known Member

I will buy this as well. Probably the last in the series as Kate left after this season.

6. Steve...O

Steve...O Well-Known Member

Steve

One would hope but this could be a redux of Kung Fu Season 1 (issued by Warners). Gord put this release on his site several days ago and there hasn't been any follow-up correcting this. That, plus the fact its been reported that ANGELS ran in fake widescreen on HD Net (or some similar channel) at one time make me wonder.

Either way, it would be nice to get clarification on this. If this was an error, someone at Sony's PR unit was asleep at the switch when proofing this.

7. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Well-Known Member

with Sony gearing up for its version of HD optical discs, i expect to see many releases from them in MAR- either 1.33 material converted to fake widescreen or 2.35 ARs cropped to 1.85.

this could be an error, but i think the chances are greater than 50/50 it isn't.
    at this point, we should be well aware of how this studio operates and how it values its library and film/tv fans.

8. Tony Int

Tony Int Active Member

I can confirm that the show did air in fake widescreen on HDNet. While it looked okay, I would still want it OAR. My issue is with the syndicated versions of the 2 hour episodes. WHY is it so hard for any studio to release the show as originally aired?