1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Speech to Text software for Stroke Victims?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jeff Savage, May 2, 2007.

1. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Well-Known Member

I am looking for some software that will make it easier to communicate with my step-father after his stroke. He has limited use of his hands, is deaf, and has very limited speech ability as a result of the stroke. Otherwise he is completely mobile and can he can still read (and comprehend what he is reading).

I am looking for some software that will convert speech to text so he can read what is being said to him. I would also like it to do text to speech of some sort without him having to type in everything. I have seen software such as this on tv shows about people with strokes and ALS but they never tell you where to get it.

I have found one company via a simple Google search but I was looking for some more input. If anyone here has any suggestions that would be great!

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
  3. Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr Well-Known Member

MichaelK