What's new

Spectre soundtrack, thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Bought this unheard based on Skyfall, which I quite liked, and the fact that Thomas Newman is one of my favorites. It arrived today, and I am listening as I write (currently on track 7).

First impressions; more Bond-like, and less Newman-like, than Skyfall,which may be a good thing, depending on whether you prefer Newman or your classic Bond soundtracks ;)

More Bond themes in the music, and generaly more of a movie feel than Skyfall. If I didn't know it was Newman, I might not have guessed, at least not at first, whereas Skyfall was trypical Newman.

I will need a few relistens, obviously, but I like it, and it sounds like a really exciting movie, can't wait :)!

What are your thoughts, anyone bought it yet?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I haven't bought the soundtrack CD and based on my viewing of the movie, I probably won't be.

I like Thomas Newman in general but I don't think he was the right fit for this project. There are moments in the movie where it felt like a Bond score, but to me, that was overshadowed by long stretches where the music didn't seem right at all.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I plan on getting this soundtrack (on CD) when the price comes down from Amazon's $18.98.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks