1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Specs for Aladdin Platinum Edition Annouced - Should we start emailing Disney now?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarkRowley, Jun 15, 2004.

1. MarkRowley

MarkRowley Member

I note that Disney has announced the specs for the upcoming Aladdin Platinum Edition.

Considering the appalling job Disney made of Beauty and the Beast with digital compression artifacts everywhere, maybe we should try and make sure that they don't make a complete mess of Aladdin?

What do you think?

Mark

2. MarkRowley

MarkRowley Member

I note that Disney has announced the specs for the upcoming Aladdin Platinum Edition.

Considering the appalling job Disney made of Beauty and the Beast with digital compression artifacts everywhere, maybe we should try and make sure that they don't make a complete mess of Aladdin?

What do you think?

Mark

3. BryanV

BryanV Well-Known Member

But there have been many special editions since the Beauty and the Beast that garnered no complaints why would this next disc be a problem?

4. BryanV

BryanV Well-Known Member

But there have been many special editions since the Beauty and the Beast that garnered no complaints why would this next disc be a problem?

5. MarkRowley

MarkRowley Member

Actually, I believe there has only been one other Platinum Edition DVD since Beauty and the Beast and that is The Lion King. Which was not universally acclaimed.

Will Aladdin be a problem? Maybe, .....maybe not.

My question was largely rhetorical anyway.

I was just very disappointed that Disney ruined a golden opportunity to produce a great DVD with Beauty and the Beast.

Aladdin is arguably one of the jewels in their animation crown and it would be a real shame if it turns out like Beauty and the Beast.

Mark

6. MarkRowley

MarkRowley Member

Actually, I believe there has only been one other Platinum Edition DVD since Beauty and the Beast and that is The Lion King. Which was not universally acclaimed.

Will Aladdin be a problem? Maybe, .....maybe not.

My question was largely rhetorical anyway.

I was just very disappointed that Disney ruined a golden opportunity to produce a great DVD with Beauty and the Beast.

Aladdin is arguably one of the jewels in their animation crown and it would be a real shame if it turns out like Beauty and the Beast.

Mark

7. Craig S

Craig S Premium
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Beauty & The Beast was unique in that they unwisely squeezed 3 different versions of the film onto one disc, causing all the artifacts. That situation doesn't exist here.

No point in getting all worked up over something that we can do nothing about (the work on the disc is probably finished at this point), and that likely won't be an issue anyway.

8. Craig S

Craig S Premium
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Beauty & The Beast was unique in that they unwisely squeezed 3 different versions of the film onto one disc, causing all the artifacts. That situation doesn't exist here.

No point in getting all worked up over something that we can do nothing about (the work on the disc is probably finished at this point), and that likely won't be an issue anyway.

9. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    While not a Platinum Edition, there were also all the problems with "Brother Bear."

We just need to face facts. Disney cares about the money, not the presentation. They'll cut corners wherever necessary to squeeze an extra penny profit out of the product. A handful of rabid HT enthusiasts are of no consequence to them.

As long as Mom & Dad can plop Junior in front of the TV for 90 minutes and he doesn't complain, then it's "mission accomplished."

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm
    While not a Platinum Edition, there were also all the problems with "Brother Bear."

We just need to face facts. Disney cares about the money, not the presentation. They'll cut corners wherever necessary to squeeze an extra penny profit out of the product. A handful of rabid HT enthusiasts are of no consequence to them.

As long as Mom & Dad can plop Junior in front of the TV for 90 minutes and he doesn't complain, then it's "mission accomplished."

11. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Well-Known Member

Neil S. Bulk
    Any chance of Disney restoring the original lyrics to "Arabian Nights"? You can read about it here.

Neil

12. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Well-Known Member

Neil S. Bulk
    Any chance of Disney restoring the original lyrics to "Arabian Nights"? You can read about it here.

Neil

13. Malcolm R

Malcolm

Michael Eisner's Disney? Are you kidding?

14. Malcolm R

Malcolm

Michael Eisner's Disney? Are you kidding?

15. Ricard Casselha

Ricard Casselha Well-Known Member

Neil S. Bulk: I wouldn't bet on it. Since some think the lyrics are insulting to other cultures, I think that the chance of the lyrics being restored is quite slim.

16. Ricard Casselha

Ricard Casselha Well-Known Member

Neil S. Bulk: I wouldn't bet on it. Since some think the lyrics are insulting to other cultures, I think that the chance of the lyrics being restored is quite slim.

17. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Well-Known Member

Randy
    It's funny, though. The soundtrack CD has the original lyrics.

18. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Well-Known Member

Randy
    It's funny, though. The soundtrack CD has the original lyrics.

19. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Well-Known Member

I've made my own DVD from the CAV laserdisc and the CD soundtrack. Close enough for my library.

20. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Well-Known Member

I've made my own DVD from the CAV laserdisc and the CD soundtrack. Close enough for my library.