What's new

Special Editions that I would like to see! (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Matthew Burdette
Here is my wish list of what I like to see on DVD:

Student Bodies (this is the "Scary Movie" of the 1980s! And it needs a DVD release badly)

Rush Hour (It's already out on DVD but the movie needs a DTS track and more extras!)

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery. (The 2.35:1 version!)

Condorman (Disney needs to release a better version of this forgotten release!)

Airplane 2: The Sequel, (This film needs to have a SE!)

Lethal Weapon 1-4 (They need two disc special editions!)

No Holds Barred (I know it's not out on DVD but this needs a special edition-type release!)

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (I would like to see the longer version and a lot of features!)

Poltergeist (I'm still waiting for a SE of that film!)

Friday the 13th (I would like to see a unrated version of the film!)

A Star is Born (1954) (This needs to be a 2-disc SE!)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Lethal Weapon 4 does have some extras that cover the first 3 films. WB has indicated, however, that they are satisfied with the director's cuts of the first three films and there have been no plans to revisit in the forseeable future.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

1.) The American President: The "President Shepherd Gets A Little Booty" Edition (or just a regular "SE" would suffice). :) .... This is especially wanted/needed/required after the ridiculous April 2006 re-release of this film in the "Mother's Day Gift Pack", which included nothing new at all, except a greeting card. The old snapper-cased non-anamorphic version of the movie was still included, to the dismay of Yours Truly.

2.) Grumpy Old Men: The "Still Grumpy As Hell All These Years Later, Mainly Because This Movie Was Not Given An Anamorphic Widescreen (Or Any Kind Of A Widescreen) Release Many Moons Ago" Edition.

3.) Airport (1970): The Definitive "I Specifically Asked For The 4th Row!!" Edition.

4.) John F. Kennedy: Years Of Lightning, Day Of Drums: The "Any Edition At All Will Do" Edition.

5.) Documentary-Style Interjection --- JFK Press Conferences: Ultimate Edition DVD Set .... Featuring All 64 Press Gaggles Given By President Kennedy; 1961-1963; Uncut And Restored From Original Films At The JFK Library In Boston.

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Historical...es/default.htm

andySu

Senior HTF Member
WillG said:
It's coming in 2007 for the 25th anniversary of the film

WillG

As I scroll down the page I read this, is that globally, as the USA has had that flick now and in Dolby 5.1 for years, lucky buggers.:D

I have too say Poltergeist still waiting to see a full six-track Dolby Stereo version on region 2 DVD UK, when that will happen I haven’t a clue, they have Poltergeist’s II and III on region 2 DVD which I haven’t brought as of yet, as I’m waiting for the best in the series as I what to make the playback presentation loud and exciting, that’s my wish list.

John Kwong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JK

Did I miss something? When was this announced???

Anyways, here's my list:

Poltergeist - a definite must
Apocalypse Now - not the dossier one, one that includes the Heart of Darkness documentary
Blade Runner - I know, but I'm just excited we're finally getting one
The Changeling - highly underrated scarey movie. Needs anamorphic transfer and DTS (or at least 5.1)
Rollerball (1975) & Logan's Run - Both needs to be cleaned up and add some good documentaries

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Watching Last Action Hero on HBO I was thinking about an SE of that.
A big second for a Poltergeist SE glad to see its coming!

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I would like to see special editions of "Electric Dreams" and "URGH! A Music War!".

If John Hughes ever agrees to do it, I'd love to see the director's cut of "The Breakfast Club".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

The fantasy sequence from the director's cut fascinates me.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
who owns Poltergeist?
MGM or WB? Cause if it's WB, a nice HD SE DVD would rock!

and isn't there a Black Rain SE HD DVD in the works?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

It hasn't been officially announced, but WB has confirmed it is coming in 2007 during the last couple of HTF Studio Chats.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings Trilogy for me. They have been promising 4 disc extended editions for a LOOOOONG time now, and they still haven't been released. Enough is enough.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Kill Bill
Innocent Blood
Night of the Living Dead (remake) - The current DVD is fine but I want a director's cut.
Fritz the Cat (and the other Bakshi movies that hasn't been given one yet)
Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and Duck You Sucker
Lilo & Stitch
The Road Warrior (I think I heard there will be a special edition of this coming eventually...)
Planet of the Vampires

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Excalibur. Heck, forget the Special Edition, I'd settle for a decent properly framed transfer. I won't hold my breath.

D

DAN NEIR

Special Eds of:
Unrated editions of all the Friday the 13ths(minus Goes to Hell, they already did that one)
Man w/ 2 Brains
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Kill Bill the way Tarantino originally intended it
Internal Affairs
Night of the Demons 2 and 3
Revenge of the Ninja
The Shadow Widescreen and DTS
Scream Director's Cut
Ace Ventura Pet Detective
Bugsy
Fright Night
Night of the Creeps
The Hitcher

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks