What's new

Speakers with two sets of inputs (1 Viewer)

dbenny

Auditioning
Real Name
dave bennion
I have a pair of tower speakers made by severtson corporation, who makes cinema screens and who briefly manufactured home theater sound systems. The literature rates their imp0edance at 8 ohms, but they have two sets of inputs, assumable one for lower frequencies and one for higher frequencies. My question is, if they are rated at 8 ohms, can I run two wires from the same connector on the back of my home theater receiver and connect to these two inputs, or will that cause the impedance to drop to 4 ohms? There is a four ohm setting on the receiver, just wnating to make sure I am not going to blow up my reciever. thanks.

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Luke
Is there some sort of plate or otherwise connecting them? The four posts are for bi-wiring a separate amplifier. You only need one set of speaker as long as the posts are linked. This will maintain the 8 ohm impedance. You can connect to either set of posts as long as the link is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks