1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Speakers that sounds like B&W N805

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Scott messing, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Scott messing

Scott messing Member

Are there any speakers out there that sound as good (same sonic qualities)as the B&W Nautilus 805's for Around $1000??

2. Scott Oliver

Scott Oliver Well-Known Member

Perhaps the ACI Sapphire LE for $1300, I think it will be much more laid back but you might like it.

Also maybe the Dunlavy SC-1av from Audio Video Logic for closeout pricing

Also Taylo Ref. Monitors can be found used at this price.

3. DerrickW

DerrickW Well-Known Member

That's a tough price range to compete with the 805!

I'll chime in though, because I'm probably one of the few that purposely chose a 1k speaker over the 805. I do love B&W, but I'm leaning heavily towards the Polk LSi speakers, specifically the LSi15 which can be had for $1050 (this is actually a floor standing speaker, not bookshelf). You can search for my review where I compared them, but basically I think that the LSi still has a lot of the detail present in the 805, but is much easier to listen to. That was just me, so you may like something else yourself. The best thing to do is to listen to them on your own.

Also, if you like the 805, then consider the B&W CDM which is cheaper. They have a lot in common, which is a good thing for the CDM. The 600 series is rather different though, and is much weaker than the 805 for high-frequency details.