1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Speakers & Sub x-over settings

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Anthony Bernal, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Anthony Bernal

Anthony Bernal New Member

I have a Pioneer VSX-D811S receiver, which has crossover adjustments from 100-150-200 Can anyone help me with the x-over settings for the Fluance AV-HTB speakers and the Sony SA-WM500 which has a crossover from 50 to 200 Hz. I'm not sure what would be best?

Thanks

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Well-Known Member

John
    The main speakers are -3dB at 38Hz, so you can use a the lowest x-over of 100hz. This is the best you can do, but it may not work well for the other 3 speakers, which are -3dB at 70Hz. Set the sub to it's max.

3. Anthony Bernal

Anthony Bernal New Member

Thanks John.

4. scott>sau

scott>sau Well-Known Member

I would second Johns crossover point of 100Hz. THX likes 80Hz, Sony likes 100. 100 is good for playback of both music and movie effects. Make sure to set all your speaker (except your sub) to the "small" setting. This implements your bass management feature in your processor. This makes the sound much cleaner.

5. hitendra

hitendra Member

And I would third John [​IMG]

The 150/200 x-overs are too high - chances of localising the woofer increase - 100 is probably the best choice.