1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Speakers popping

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Ryan*Pr*, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Ryan*Pr*

Ryan*Pr* Well-Known Member

When I went to bed last night, I turned off my receiver and I know I heard the right rear speaker pop - not sure about the others. This is a system I have had for about a month and never had this happen before. Any ideas what could be wrong?

2. Myo K

Myo K Well-Known Member

it could be a burst of electricity, just make sure you arent playing sound through it when youre turning it off.

3. Ryan*Pr*

Ryan*Pr* Well-Known Member

Aren't receviers made so you can turn off at will? I have never noticed this before...

4. Agustin

Agustin Active Member

or maybe is an interference, happen to me,and i checked the wires, one of them was a little scratched and touching an iron door, so i replaced and everything is fine

5. Rich_M_G

Rich_M_G Member

I was having a similar problem with my system. It ended up that it was a bad chip in my Yamaha 5560 Receiver, it took 2 times for the repair center to find it. Lucky for me it was still under warrenty.

Rich

6. Myo K

Myo K Well-Known Member

Aren't receviers made so you can turn off at will? I have never noticed this before...

no, my kenwood 6070 would pop everytime i turn off the source before the receiver itself, i had to train myself to follow a chain, turn off

-receiver
    -tv
    -source

my kenwood would also crackle as i raised and lowered the volume. so i returned it

i also have a hk avr 225, which has a better build, no crackle, and it seems the receiver has a slight digital mute everytime a sign is first sent and shut off, but i did notice i got a loud pop when i ran analog connections and shut the source off before the receiver.