What's new

Speakers popping (1 Viewer)

Ryan*Pr*

Agent
When I went to bed last night, I turned off my receiver and I know I heard the right rear speaker pop - not sure about the others. This is a system I have had for about a month and never had this happen before. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
it could be a burst of electricity, just make sure you arent playing sound through it when youre turning it off.

Agustin

Agent
or maybe is an interference, happen to me,and i checked the wires, one of them was a little scratched and touching an iron door, so i replaced and everything is fine

Rich_M_G

Auditioning
I was having a similar problem with my system. It ended up that it was a bad chip in my Yamaha 5560 Receiver, it took 2 times for the repair center to find it. Lucky for me it was still under warrenty.

Rich

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
Aren't receviers made so you can turn off at will? I have never noticed this before...

no, my kenwood 6070 would pop everytime i turn off the source before the receiver itself, i had to train myself to follow a chain, turn off

-receiver
-tv
-source

my kenwood would also crackle as i raised and lowered the volume. so i returned it

i also have a hk avr 225, which has a better build, no crackle, and it seems the receiver has a slight digital mute everytime a sign is first sent and shut off, but i did notice i got a loud pop when i ran analog connections and shut the source off before the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks