1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Speakers are Ugly!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by KIWIBOY, Apr 2, 2008.

1. KIWIBOY

KIWIBOY Extra

.... well, thats what my wife says! Hence the ultimatium. Find something that is small, asethically pleasing and sounds good. Price is a consideration, but not a huge obstacle.

My setup is Denon AVC3808, Denon DVD, Sony BlueRay/HDD, CATV box and Sony 52 Plasma mounted on the wall.

Looking for small, well designed speakers for front, centre, rear and sub. In wall a possible option. Have considered in-ceiling but it just does not seem to Gel in terms of where my ears are in relation to the screen!

Many thanks!!

2. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

I've been impressed with Vienna Acoustics on-wall speakers, they are trendy, blend well with your flat panel tv, wife friendly, and sound great. If you have an opportunity, audition the Schönberg Series: Webern x 3, Berg x 2, Subson x 1.

Martin Logan has a number of on-wall (Fresco i or Vignette), and in-wall (Voyage, Passage or Ticket) options, I haven't had an opportunity to audition these but they are definitely wife-friendly and aesthetically pleasing.

3. SethH

SethH Screenwriter

I personally think the B&W 805's are some pretty sharp looking speakers. B&W also makes some on-walls to match up with the size of your plasma.

4. chuckg

chuckg Supporting Actor

I say get a new wife. Speakers are beautiful! [​IMG]

5. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Hate to sound like a broken record but IMO these are still some of the best looking speakers I know of (small or full size):

Infinity Cascade Series

Wall or stand mounted, looks like something in a modern art museum.

For a conventional "box" speaker, Focal's super-slick Chorus series is hard to beat (and sound great too).

6. KIWIBOY

KIWIBOY Extra

Many thanks Alan,

Have you auditioned SpeakerCraft at all? Hard to find much information on their website as its so poorly designed (the website that is).

I will follow your advice and have a listen to the Vienna Acoustics as I think there is a dealer not too far away.

Many Thanks

SAM

7. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

These don't get much press anymore, but they sound TERRIFIC and some (my wife included) swear they are more works of visual art than speakers.

Norh Loudspeaker and high-end audio manufacturer

They come in hardwood, ceramic, or (yes) real marble, and they are even affordable.

Did I say they sound terrific?

My wife would absolutely kill me if we sold ours. I admit that they are not for everyone, but they are certainly good for us!

John

8. KIWIBOY

KIWIBOY Extra

Many thanks All,

I have some reasearch to do! Will check in and let you know the final solution. Happy to hear any further recommendations too of course as this forumn is great!

SAM