1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Speaker Mounts

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Matt*L, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Matt*L

Matt*L Auditioning

Could someone tell me what the options are for mounting the surround speakers to the wall?

Do you have to drill holes in the back of the speaker?

Also - I would like to get ones that swivel (if they make them) - where would I pick something like that up?

2. Mitch G

Mitch G Agent

Although your choices depend to some extent on the size of the speakers you have, it sounds like you want bt-77 or something like that. (See pinpoint-mktg dot com.)

They don't require screwing into the speaker (in most cases) and they swivel.

Mitch

3. Doug MacGregor

Doug MacGregor Stunt Coordinator

Hi Matt.
    You could also use the BT34's if your Surrounds have a keyhole mount on the back.

4. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Do a Google search for Omnimount, they make mutliple configurations of swivel-type mounts.

5. Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield Second Unit

To second Mitch's suggestion, I purchased the BT-77s a few years back. I would highly recommend them.

BT-77 from Crutchfield.com

I use them with Paradigm Mini-Monitors, which I would consider to be a rather large surround speaker and I haven't had any problems or concerns.

6. Dustin Harrison

Dustin Harrison Stunt Coordinator

A quick inexpensive solution would be to pick some up at your local Home Depot for $20