What's new

Speaker Matching (1 Viewer)

Fernalfer

Agent
Real Name
Brian
I currently have a Yamaha R-XV1700 reciever, Onix X-CS Center, X-LS for fronts. I have HTD level 3's for rear surrounds because the X-LS's are rear ported and my rear speakers need to go against the wall.

Now i want to add 2 more rear surrounds Should i buy 2 more x-ls's so most of my system matches or should i buy 2 more HTD Level 3's so the rears all match and the fronts all match. I heard for the rears matching is not as crucial. Any input is appreciated.

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
it's a tough call. you are correct that matching rears/ surrounds is less important than mains and center speakers. the problem with unmatched speakers is that as a sound is panned from one speaker to another or sent to two speakers simultaneously, our brain might recognize the difference in sound, thus blowing the illusion. given that 7.1 receivers create the surround and rear surround channels from the same single signal, maybe it's better to have them match.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would wait a little bit, as I believe they are coming out with a surround model for the X-series...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks