What's new

Speaker matching between different versions (Paradigm specifically) (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
I know this is probably a more manufacturer specific question. I'm looking for some bookshelves, I'm keeping an eye out for a pair of studio 20s on the used market, I'm in no hurry to buy.

These will only be used as stereo speakers for the next few years at least. (I'm a student, and I move a lot, so no big home theater for me just yet)

My concern is that I don't want to fork out ~$1000 but not be able to timbre match a center channel to these speakers when I buy one some years into the future. Paradigm seems to update their speakers not infrequently, so I'd be concerned that in 5 year's time the center speaker available in the stores might no longer match. Is this a legitimate problem, or does version changing between otherwise meant for each other speakers not matter much?

thanks!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It is a concern and that's why I built my speakers. Parts Express has sold the same Dayton models since the mid 90's and I hope they keep it up for a couple more decades. If I break a speaker, it is a very easy replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks