What's new

Speaker cords - Universal? (1 Viewer)

rssimmons

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Simmons
I recently had my first home theater system, a Panasonic SA-HT280 go out on me, and I'm now in the market for a new system However, I've got a potential issue. When i moved into my house in 2002, I put the surround speakers under the carpet to hide them.

My question is, am I going to be able to reuse those cables, or am I going to have to find a way to hide new cables? I thought speaker wire was universal, but when I started looking into it, I saw that the official part number for the wires (REE09070A) is officially only compatible with a few Panasonic receivers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just found pics of the HT280. Plain speaker wire. The only issue would be AWG of the wire. If not at least 16, I would put in new wire.

rssimmons

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Simmons
Thanks! os there anywhere where I can look of the AWG for REE0970A wire? I did quick search and came up with nothing. If it helps the system sent out 8 ohms and 100 watts per channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks