1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Speaker Cable for Bryston 9b st and Nautilus 805

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by john.michael, Feb 24, 2005.

1. john.michael

john.michael Active Member

Does anyone has a recommendation for a speaker cable to be used between my Nautilus 805s and a Bryston 9B ST? I will have to make a very long run (front to back about 30ft).

I am currently thinking about the QED Silver aniversary or the Kimber 8TC. That should give you an idea of budget.

many thanks

2. Greg_Hammond

Greg_Hammond Active Member

The difference between one brand of 99.999% oxygen free copper speaker cable and another is usually the quality of the connectors, if any, and the appearance of the jacket.

I use the semi-cheap Monster XP cable by the 100-foot roll because I like the flexibility of the jacket. If you want something that looks prettier, then by all means get what you like. It's more a matter of preference than performance.

Now, when you start talking about RCA audio and coax digital cables, there is a little more proof in the pudding. The connectors, shilding, and dielectric can vary wildly from one quality cable to another.

Greg

3. Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan Well-Known Member

haha, i love these threads!

go to a high end store, goto a lower end store. buy one of each. spend an afternoon on your weekend, try each (but make sure you get a little used to them, dont just listen for 5 minutes and switch). put them on a credit card for an easy return and let us know which you like!

4. john.michael

john.michael Active Member

Robert,

Unfortunatly it is not that easy as I live in Brazil ans there are not so many dealers arround with those cables.

5. Scott Oliver

Scott Oliver Well-Known Member

Well since you live in Rio, sell both the speakers and the amps, and whatever preamp you have and go over to Eduardo de Lima of Audiopax and purchase a full Audiopax system.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for the other suggestion, I would look to something like entry level Tara Labs or Transparent. MY experience with Bryston amps, was that I wanted something a bit closed in on the highs. With more revealing cables things got too shrill for me quickly. I know there is a dealer in Sao Paulo who sells B&W, probably one in Rio for that matter as well, but have you called them and asked for an entry level suggestion that they would mate with B&W's?