What's new

Spare us all! Another Indiana Jones film could be on the way (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I think it's great if it does happen. Sure, Indy IV wasn't great, but it had it's moments. Those moments make me think it's possible Lucas and Spielberg still have what it takes to make a great Indiana Jones movie. For me it's a no-lose situation. If I like it, I've got another great Indiana Jones movie to watch. If I don't like it, I ignore it.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I only liked 1 and 3. Not a fan of 2 or 4. So, i guess i am 50/50 on Mr. Jones.

I would have little hope for this movie.

Harrison Ford must not be getting as many "A" list movie roles coming his way anymore. THAT is why they will make another.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I like all four of them, but the first is obviously the best. The rest is good, too, but nowhere near the first one. I never understood the hatred of Temple of Doom, at least that one didn't try to copy the first one, unlike Crusade.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I welcome another Indiana Jones adventure. I don't insist that it be perfect. I would rather see another than not see another.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I think that if then had Indy play less of a role and Mutt take more of the lead, it might work as a transition type move. But then I guess it wouldn't be an Indiana Jones movie with out Indy in it. Anyway I would like to see another.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
If they do another, and I truly hope they do NOT, they should kill Mutt off in the first 5 minutes and let Indy ride off into the sunset for good with a little dignity attached. Next to the absolutely god-awful script, LaBeouf was the worst thing about Indy 4 IMO.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Minimalism.

That's what I want from the next Indiana Jones film.

Minimalism.

I want to see elderly Dr. Jones explore / discover / investigate, get into trouble, take risks, and be at risk with only a whisper / hint / faint suggestion of the ethereal. I have an idea of his internal business, but I hesitate to go into that.

Minimalism resonates.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
The original is great. I love it. It's untouchable. Every sequel since then is hit and miss, and I think they each hit more than they miss. Yes, even Crystal Skull. So I don't mind another one. I love the character and I love the world.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Is this why the original three still aren't on Blu-ray?? I suppose they'll finally be released as a promotion for the new film.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

If I like it, I've got another great Indiana Jones movie to watch. If I don't like it, I ignore it.
Agreed. Let them make a thousand IJ movies if they want. Let them make as many remakes. Doesn't take away the originals.

While I think that Crystal Skull is the weakest of the four, I think it was very over criticized.

Is this why the original three still aren't on Blu-ray??

Probably, but since they announced Star Wars for Blu in 2011, I find it unlikely Lucasfilm with release they other tentpole franchise in the same year. Although I can't entirely remember if the trilogies were released on DVD in the same year.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I liked Indy 4 fine, and would enjoy another one. Hopefully they spend more time on the screenplay, since Harrison Ford made it clear he can still play the role.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have to disagree with the sentiment behind the title of this thread. I welcome a fifth Indy movie. I enjoyed the 4th - sure, it's not as good as Crusade or Raiders, but I still found it to be a worthy addition to the series.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I was kind of ambivalent about the 4th one .... it was ... kind of dull and a bit boring. It wasn't completely terrible though. I'd be down for another one, but they should probably get rolling on it asap.

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in as someone who would welcome another adventure. IJ at its worst is still better than the majority of the garbage released (IMO) today.

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
I enjoyed the 4th one as well. About the only thing I really didn't like was the poor cgi during the jungle chase scene. Ending with the wedding though seemed a fitting end to the character.

To be honest, I always felt they should have pulled a Bond with the character though. Kept him mid 30ish and updated the actor from time to time. We could have been on the 10th film or beyond by now.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Here's one thing that bothered me about 4. And maybe someone can correct me if I'm interpreting it wrong, but I felt that Indy was too cooperative with the enemy. To me it seemed way out of character. For example, in the beginning at the warehouse, I don't think the old Indy would have cooperated with the Russians. But here we get him leading them right to the artifact they wanted. Sure, he may have just been buying time to escape, but I still think it was out of character for him to be that accommodating. I picture the old Indy telling them to "go to hell", getting roughed up, and then finding some way to escape. I can't remember specifically, but even in the jungle camp, I think I remember him being a bit overly helpful to the Russians. It just seemed out of character for him.

Strangely enough, one scene that I always hear everyone complaining about is the refrigerator scene. That's actually one of my favorite sequences. So I could just be nuts.

Mark Hawley

Second Unit
Heaven forbid someone in Hollywood would plan to make another entry in a film franchise when the last one was so financially, and for the most part critically successful.

Spare us all indeed!

I don't really get why so many people have it in for Crystal Skull. I can see why many didn't like it, I thought it was ok at best, but some people come across as exceedingly bitter. Some people may not have liked the film, or even hated it, but hey, alot of audiences and crtics in fact did!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks