What's new

Space 1999 (1 Viewer)

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
I've had confirmation from Indigo Germany that their November Bluray release of UFO has been created from English language masters so all credits and titles should be English along with the audio so we can forget the exorbitantly priced Japanese set for now and the German set will also hopefully not include the 2 errors from the Jap set.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
It does indeed look like a fan creation Blu-ray cover but the most interesting part is that someone in charge of the Network Facebook page responded that we can expect some positive news real soon.

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit
He did say news, not positive news. But he could have said nothing at all if there wasn't any news to expect. ...The photo is indeed a mock-up of a BD set cover done by a fan, apparently to get Network's attention, which it evidently did.I should state that even if there is an announcement by Network, the release could still be a year away. Mind, I seem to recall A&E announcing Season 2 for Blu in 2011, 2012 at the latest. The subsequent year after year after year delay is where my pessimism, or at least guarded optimism, comes from.Keep on clicking like to those Facebook posts.

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit
rsz_1999books.png

While we wait for the full release of Space: 1999 on Blu-Ray, here is my collection of an olde format for collecting Space: 1999. Paperback books.

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
I hope the fact that many fans don't buy the taster doesn't make them think the interest has waned .
Really looking forward to see the Y2 boxset but I won't be buying the taster as I've only just finished watching them again on dvd

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit
Well, well. So they're putting on the ice skates in Lucifer's kingdom. Or else I'm dreaming this...Already pre-ordered the "Bringers of Wonder" disc. It will be a Merry Christmas this year for sure. I have Region B capability.Destination: Moonbase Alpha to be included. It may be exclusive to this release. We don't know.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
It may well be but as it's only the 2 actual episodes edited together it's not something I'll miss. IIRC the opening and closing titles are video generated so they still will be but they'll have the HD footage edited in between.I doubt it will be included with the Y2 boxset but I doubt anyone will really worry .I wasn't going to bother with the taster but I'm wondering if these will include new 5.1 audio . The HD version of The Metamorph on the Y1 boxset was still mono but I'm keen to hear Derek Wadsworths music in 5.1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks