What's new

Southern California HTF Meet: Official Sign-Up (1 Viewer)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Okay, this is what you've been waiting for. The meet will take place starting on Thursday, May 3rd, and continue, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The events are as follows:
Thursday Meet for lunch at a restaurant yet to be determined in Los Angeles area. At 2:30, approximately 40 of us will go to DTS in Agoura Hills for a presentation and Q and A session. All the details are not in at this time so stay tuned, but the afternoon is allotted to DTS.
Friday 10:00 am: Paramount Pictures Up to 50 HTF members meet at Paramount for a screening in the morning. Break for lunch at the Paramount commissary. Come back for discussion and Q and A session with Digital Master artists about film restoration and so forth. Paramount will be releasing several classic films in the upcomming months including John Wayne, etc. films. This should be very interesting.
Paramount will last approximately until 2:30. From there, we go to Fox Up to 50 HTF members meet at Fox between 4:00 and 4:30 pm for greetings and coffee. From there we will screen a brand new DVD from the following list: Die Hard 5 Star, Big Trouble in Little China 2-disc DTS, or Point Break DTS Which ever two not voted on, one of them will screen at my house on Sunday. After screening, dinner will be served on the Fox lot. The Fox event should conclude by 8 pm to 8:30pm.
Saturday A Day With Widescreen Review For this event we will have to drive out to Temecula but it will be well worth it. WR is the premier magazine for Home Theater. We will visit their brand new facility, see lots of equipment demos (they own every widescreen dvd known to man) and have a Q and A with the staff. We will go out to the wine country and have a nice wine tasting during the Q and A. Up to 40 people will be allowed to this event. Also, this is where we will be giving away door prizes, which are currently being donated by Dolby Labs and 20th Century Fox (we hope to hear from more sponsors soon)
Sunday Up to 25 HTF members meet at my house for an advance Fox screening, out of region demos, and catered lunch. This concluding event starts at 11:00 am.
This meet is designed to let So Cal members get a taste of what National members got to experience last November. HTF Owner Ron Epstein will be on hand (we'll miss you Packy!) to meet everyone. And folks, lets be prepared for these events. Come up with some good questions for these guys. Lets show them how serious we are about our passion/hobby.
When you post your reply here, please only sign up for the days you know you can attend. Week days will require a day off from work so please plan accordingly. Sign up as follows: Give me your name, what days you want to attend, and write your e-mail address under your name. Then click on my e-mail icon from this post and send me your phone number. More details will follow with directions, etc.
At this time, I would like to thank all the sponsors and hosts involved in making this happen:
David DelGrosso-DTS, Martin Blythe-Paramount Pictures, Peter Staddon-Fox, Gary Reber-Widescreen Review and Gary Epstein-Dolby Labs.
Please note: Entering a post that says "maybe I can go on this day"...will not be tabulated, only confirmed days please...
------------------

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron Epstein & Chris Maynard
Friday & Saturday (Yes, Saturday) events.
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
David,
Please sign me up for all four days. I have already requested Thursday and Friday off of work and have been approved.
Look forward to seeing you all there!

Tom Young

Agent
Hey Dave,
Count me in for all four days. Orville will also be able to attend on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everybody again, Tom.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Friday/Saturday/Sunday for me!
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks