What's new

South Park: Season Thirteen (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They always throw in a few episodes that are just plain goofy, and the season finale is almost always one of them. Last year, we got the goofy Twilight parody. The year before, we got the "cutest boys" list episode, and the year before that we got the Mighty Ducks parody. I know at least a couple major liberal newspaper columnists are obsessed with the idea that conservatives are subconsciously obsessed with a minority-majority future within this century. I think Cartman's storyline was a parody of that. The rest of the episode was like the List episode: taking a hallmark of childhood, like peeing in the pool, and blowing it all out of proportion. I enjoyed it. Cartman's extraordinarily racist ballad about the demographics of the water park was hilarious.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

They always throw in a few episodes that are just plain goofy, and the season finale is almost always one of them. Last year, we got the goofy Twilight parody. The year before, we got the "cutest boys" list episode, and the year before that we got the Mighty Ducks parody. I know at least a couple major liberal newspaper columnists are obsessed with the idea that conservatives are subconsciously obsessed with a minority-majority future within this century. I think Cartman's storyline was a parody of that. The rest of the episode was like the List episode: taking a hallmark of childhood, like peeing in the pool, and blowing it all out of proportion. I enjoyed it. Cartman's extraordinarily racist ballad about the demographics of the water park was hilarious.
I absolutely enjoyed it; I was just wondering about some parts of it. I also really liked Cartman's ballad. When it was over I said to myself "where the hell are they going with this?"

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I am consistently amazed at the ideas that South Park can run with and not just fall apart. What kind of character other than Cartman can just fundamentally misunderstand the whole concept of the word "minority" and it's completely believable.

Someone recently told me they wished South Park would do more than 14 episodes a year. I suggested that the split season and limited number of episodes are the reason why the show can maintain such a level of creativity. I think a lot of people on network shows work so hard to crank out 22 shows a year that they burn out after two or three seasons. If you took a vote on who had a better average in season 13 between South Park and The Simpsons, I don't think many people would hesitate to chooose South Park.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks