What's new

South Park: Season Thirteen (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Good to know!

I'm currently rereading Watchmen. I read it almost 20 years ago and don't remember a thing! (I'll catch the movie on BD.)

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
OF course one thing to think of is that this episode followed "Ring", which is right now in my top 10 SPs of all time. Perhaps its a little funnier than it seems, it just had a tough act to follow

Shane D

Supporting Actor
cartman doing the bale batman voice had me rolling. it was spot on (funny to me cause bales batman voice is the worse thing ever)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
But last weeks episode was funny. This episode seemed more like "Let's see how cool we can make an episode...oh and we'll also throw in a few funny things." - it definitely relied on the viewer loving Batman enough to still be entertianed even when there wasn't anything to laugh at.

This episode was meant to be entertianing and not exactly funny.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I thought Cartman doing Christian Bale's Batman voice WOULD HAVE BEEN funny if no one could ever understand what he was saying. Other than the voice, they didn't really make any commentary on The Dark Knight at all.

The entire episode was a 22 minute buildup to Matt and Trey saying, "Hey, look, all of our child characters look exactly alike, even the girls."

Very, very weak episode.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I must be all wrong; I thought he was trying to be Rorshack from Watchmen; the references were far more similar then batman.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

I agree but I thought the overall "Coon" idea was more directed towards The Dark Knight then anything. Anyway, funny episode and so was the jonas brothers one before it. Looks like it's gonna be a good season.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
April Fool's Day is on a Wednesday.
Anyone else think that Trey and Matt may fools us?
Or maybe even just have a themed show?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Thought the Watchmen/Batman episode was pretty weak. After the season premiere this one was a huge letdown, but I guess they can't all be gold.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This was an episode where (to paraphrase their commentaries) they cut back on the jokes in favor of making a point but it was a solid episode.

I laughed at cutting off the chicken's head to determine what to do and the economic reporter shooting himself on camera.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen anything from this season yet!! So, for the most part you guys think South Park is back in top form? That's great news.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

IMHO, South Park has been in "top form" since the 5th Season. Season 5 is when the series morphed itself into what it has become today.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ugh, please, no.

I agree with TravisR about the highlights of this week's episode, but aside from those it was another just-OK show (albeit better than last week's).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks