1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

South Park 11/12 - "Casa Bonita"

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Steve_Knutzen, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Well-Known Member

Another great episode highlighting the fact that Cartman is a self-serving asshole. I enjoyed Butters singing "If You Leave Me Now" by Chicago. Only Cartman would put another human being in a refrigerator.

2. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Well-Known Member

I thought the episode was really funny, and Butters never seems to learn what Cartman is all about.

3. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Well-Known Member

I suppose they could overdo these farcical Cartman revenge episodes, but I absolutely adore each one. He absolutely has no boundaries, so they are genuinely unpredictable.

I'm still waiting, however, for the moment that will eclipse the hilarity of Cartman's plan to electrocute himself with a TiVo full of History Channel programming...

"TiVo is full!"

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Well-Known Member

"Knock knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "Ingmar Bergman"

5. Neil M

Neil M Well-Known Member

Cartman flipping Kyle off was so funny!!! He does it, then apologizes, then does it again. It was a very good episode that didn't involve some current issue. Looks like Trey and Matt still have the creativity. I'm just waiting for the Kobe rape trial episode. I know it's coming.

6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    As soon as Kyle told Cartman that "if for some reason Butters can't go, you can go instead," I knew it was all over for poor Butters. [​IMG]

And we found out Butters' real name, too (though I forgot it already). Was that the first time it was revealed?

Perhaps he's reached a turning point. He was the one that borrowed the cell phone to send the cops after Cartman rather than waiting for another Cartman non-apology and replying, "Aw, Shucks! I guess that's OK then." [​IMG]

7. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Well-Known Member

Rich Travale
    Are the new episodes on Wednesdays now?

8. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Well-Known Member

Not one of the better ones. Not very funny and nothing really interesting to say.

9. John_Lee

John_Lee Well-Known Member

10. Jim DiJoseph

Jim DiJoseph Well-Known Member

I think it was Leopold Scotch...put Butters before it and you see the joke![​IMG]

Another great episode, by the way! [​IMG]

11. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Well-Known Member

Rob
    Not as funny as previous episodes. It seemed like a one-note joke stretched to half an hour.

I guess "Cartman revenge" episodes pale if he's not making chile. [​IMG]

Rob

12. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Well-Known Member

I found it particularly funny since I live next to Casa Bonita. [​IMG]

Seeing Cartman run around the place was a hoot. Not a great episode overall but it had some LOL moments.

13. David Fisher

David Fisher Well-Known Member

Ahhh.. But which version of the song was Butters singing? The Chicago version or the 1997 solo Cetera version?

My best friend took me to Casa Bonita in Denver several years ago, probably around 1995/96. It's a cool place, but I didn't really like the food. It was a little bland, and the salsa tasted like Pace mixed with ketchup. (That's what I think about all the Mexican food that I've eaten outside of Texas, though.) I do wish that we could've just stayed there, because our final destination was Wyoming where the Mexican food was even worse...

I still haven't decided if South Park has "jumped the shark" or not. I can't help but think that these last couple seasons just haven't offered the sheer comedic brillaince of "Jew-Bilee" (the Moses episode) or the "Shit" episode. However, I have really enjoyed most of the episodes this season. I didn't like the direction that the Crap People episode took, but it has become one of my new favorites. The same can be said for "Christian Rock Hard", too. Even at its worse, South Park is better than 95% of the other crap on television.

14. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Well-Known Member

I think Matt and Trey might have stopped trying to push the limits and instead have returned to a more classic level of outrageousness. But the show has not jumped the shark.

15. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Well-Known Member

I never know what to expect from Matt and Trey. One week it's political commentary, the next week it's just some ludicrous story. I love it. I think this season has been brilliant. Krazy Kripples, Fat Butt and Pancake Head, Red Man's Greed, Christian Rock Hard are all wonderful episodes.

By the way, clearly South Park jumped the shark in season 2. All the evidence is there.

16. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Well-Known Member

So does that place really have cliff divers? Odd restaurant.

And if you aren't sure if a show jumped the shark, it hasn't. It has to be one spectacularly ludicrous event that changes the show and it becomes crappy after that.

17. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Well-Known Member

18. StephenT

StephenT Well-Known Member

Never heard of it before the episode, but apparently it's all true:

http://www.casabonitadenver.com/

I bet this site got a lot more hits after the show aired.

19. Ian_Fisher

Ian_Fisher Well-Known Member

I grew up in Cheyenne, Wyoming so I was a couple of hours away from Denver. Even in Cheyenne, EVERYBODY new about Casa Bonita! This episode had me and my sister rolling on the floor. The cliff-divers...Black-barts cave....the sopapeas (that you order with the little flag)...it was all dead on!

20. David Fisher

David Fisher Well-Known Member

I didn't eat any sopapillas at Casa Bonita, but I did leave with a case of seguidillas... [​IMG]