What's new

Directors Soundtrack Draft (1 Viewer)

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure this one will hurt me in the voting because I know some folks hate Bjork, but I gotta draft it anyway: Dancer in the Dark.

next:
Erik
Dome
Angelo
Steve
Hunter

then we're done!

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Well, let's get started on the voting and Hunter can make his last pick whenever he shows up.

George Kaplan
A Hard Day's Night
Help!
Let It Be
The Sound of Music
West Side Story
The Harder They Come
Monterey Pop
Red Headed Stranger
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
The Jungle Book

Justin Doring
The Big Chill
Boogie Nights
The Graduate
Goodfellas
American Graffiti
An American Werewolf in London
Sleepless in Seattle
Flashdance
The Sting
Easy Rider

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
George Kaplan -
A Hard Day's Night :emoji_thumbsup:
Help! :emoji_thumbsup:
Let It Be :emoji_thumbsup:
The Sound of Music :emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown:
West Side Story :b
The Harder They Come :emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown:
Monterey Pop :emoji_thumbsup:
Red Headed Stranger :b
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life :emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown:
The Jungle Book :emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

Justin Doring -
The Big Chill :emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown:
Boogie Nights :emoji_thumbsup:
The Graduate :emoji_thumbsup:
Goodfellas :emoji_thumbsup:
American Graffiti :emoji_thumbsup:
An American Werewolf in London :emoji_thumbsup:
Sleepless in Seattle :b
Flashdance :emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown:
The Sting :emoji_thumbsup:
Easy Rider :emoji_thumbsup:

I'm indifferent to most of George's non-Beatles picks, and I think three Beatles soundtracks is excessive. Justin's got a bunch that I was considering for my own list (Easy Rider, Boogie Nights, The Graduate).

Justin

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Steve, I'll be going down in flames as well. I could care less. It's pretty obvious from my choices in these drafts that I always choose what I like and what has meaning for me, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

How I made it to the final of FFDraft2 is beyond me. :D

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty obvious from my choices in these drafts that I always choose what I like and what has meaning for me, regardless of what anyone else thinks.
Umm, hopefully this is what everyone is doing. Speaking for myself, I'm not choosing based on what anyone else thinks.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Chuck: um, well, not sure what to say except that it is not at all obvious to me that there aren't folks who play these things to "win," whatever the hell that means.

Catch up with the '90's Draft and the fight over whether or not drafting 1-8, 1-8 is "fair," and then tell me that there aren't people around here that aren't interested in scooping up particular choices ("grails," as you call them).

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Now you're just being foolish. Wanting to choose something that is in danger of being chosen by someone else doesn't necessarily mean you're trying to win. It just means that you feel strongly about a film that you know lots of other people feel strongly about too. It's a matter of trying to end up with a list that best reflects your tastes, and if you really like a movie that is popular, then the strategy/draft order is important.

I mean, for Pete's sake... that's why it's a draft and not just everyone posting their top 10 lists.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
And furthermore, Angelo...

Not really. You haven't exactly picked obscure movies/soundtracks in this draft. In fact, you grabbed a bunch that I was pondering for my own list.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
It was hard to decide on my last pick. I was considering movies like Empire Records, Better Off Dead, Pump Up the Volume and Mo' Money. But I decided to pick a soundtrack based on one song used in one scene. I'm going with Jawbreaker. It's a weak choice I know. But I just can't get out of my head the scene where those lovely ladies are strutting down the hall in slow motion while the song "Yoo Hoo" by Imperial Teen is playing.

As for my vote, I choose Justin. Major props to George for his interesting choices. His list is not boring and obvious. But I would rather see Justin's movies for the songs.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for insulting me, Chuck; such a pleasure to have you around. If you think that certain folks around here don't "play to win," or that there aren't people preoccupied with compiling a certain list in order to win, then you need to have your glasses re-tinted and we will simply agree to disagree, as we usually do.

I picked what I liked, and if the obscurity of one's pick is somehow related to the integrity of it the pick, well that's a very odd calculus indeed. What, precisely, does it mean if I "grabbed" or "trumped" a few of your picks? What's your point?

I'm sorry I opened my mouth. This is no fun at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks